Joining the Epic Games family is propelling the kidtech sector to new heights.
Our teams are growing rapidly and we're hiring a Senior Software Engineer to take our products to the next level of scale.
As a Senior Software Engineer at SuperAwesome your main responsibilities will be three-fold you'll act as a hands-on mentor who can lead teammates by example, you will keep the quality bar high by continuously evolving the system while keeping it simple, and you will focus on having the highest impact on the product.
You will join one of our product teams as an owner of one of our products, these include AwesomeAds, Kids Web Services, PopJam and Rukkaz, as well as internal facing teams.
You will work closely with the Tech Lead and the other engineers in your team to define the appropriate technical approach, metrics, and timelines. You will have your say in the product roadmap and help the team and the Product Manager to make the most informed decisions to break down complex tech deliverables into simple and understandable user stories.
Quality is key for us, so you will ensure all product components are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production), deliver products using the appropriate level of testing and monitoring, fail fast, and learn and iterate frequently.
You will champion continuous improvement and always aim to improve the product your team owns and measure your impact with the appropriate tech, product, or delivery metrics.
Here's what a typical day as a Senior Engineer looks like
- You'll work across the full stack depending on where you can drive the highest impact back-end, front-end as well as testing and cloud infrastructure
- You'll work with your team to design and implement features and services for the product your team owns, and keep the design choices well documented and explained
- You'll be a hands-on mentor and drive quality and reliability from the get go, lowering the complexity of the system
- You will master one or more domains and will break complex goals into simple and iterative deliverables
- You'll interview candidates for your and other teams, participating to both code reviews and system design interviews
- Commit to high-speed iterations, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes
- Ensure long-term quality, scalability and maintainability of our systems
- You'll champion the devops culture, treat operations with a mission critical mindset, and support the live system in production, including participation in our out-of-hours on-call rota
Our stack is entirely cloud native, and it includes technologies such as AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Druid, Redis, ELK, Datadog, Pagerduty, Node.js and TypescriptRequirements
We wholeheartedly believe a good engineer can pick up any new technology in a reasonable amount of time and you'll be given training and help during your onboarding to become fully proficient with our stack. What we expect you to already have is good will, as well as a deep understanding of full-stack software development life-cycle, devops methodologies, testing, and tooling. In short, please apply if you are interested in working with our stack! As soon as you join you will have an on-boarding plan tailored to you, challenging and bringing you up to speed.
We'll ask you about your previous experiences building large and complex high-throughput web systems, and we'll hear the stories you'll be willing to share about microservices, event-driven architectures, databases, or any tech challenge you've enjoyed.
We'll want to know how you went about improving the quality, security, scalability, and observability of the products you worked on, and how you would try to repeat that success at SuperAwesome.
DevOps practices are an integral part of our culture, and we'll want to hear what aspect of them you prefer, and what worked well for you out of the box, or how you adapted them to your needs.
In a nutshell, we're looking for a great engineer, and we'll do our best to identify the greatness in you ❤️About You As a Person
About Your Skills
- You think about things critically - we're the first to do what we do in this industry, so you'll come across new problems every day
- You'll fearlessly attack problems - we think the tools you know now are secondary to having the mindset to fix things, i.e. you're a problem solver and not just a builder
- You like working in a team - we have an agile development environment and get stuff done together in multi-disciplinary teams
- You're flexible and adaptable - we have multiple teams working on complementary but different products, so you'll thrive on variety
You are proficient in backend and frontend development, and you have experience developing large and complex web applications and building high throughput systems with microservices and/or event-driven architectures and both relational and non-relational databases.Want to know more?
Check out our Head of Engineering's Blog and what he says about our team and some pointers to gliding through our interview process.About SuperAwesome
SuperAwesome powers powers the kids' digital media ecosystem. Our platform is used by hundreds of companies to enable over twelve billion kid-safe digital transactions across advertising, community and parental consent every month. SuperAwesome has pioneered the kidtech sector, delivering engagement with the under-13 audience built around privacy and responsibility.Benefits
We're a rapidly growing start-up team with a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere. This is a genuine opportunity to learn and grow, through real ownership and responsibility.
We have a range of awesome perks and benefits
We offer an incredible range of perks and benefits. During the pandemic, we are working hard to provide an amazing array of virtual benefits to our team stationed at home, from team lunches delivered to your door, to virtual socials. As soon as it is safe to do so, we will return to offering the full range that we normally offer.
- Fully paid healthcare - provided through Vitality
- Monthly pizza Friday
- Wednesday catered breakfast
- Quarterly team lunches
- Friday drinks
- Office snack bar
- Pension scheme
- Holidays - 25+ bank holidays
- Expanded Maternity and Paternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Quarterly socials / yearly company event
- Product team hack days and charity events
- Health and wellbeing calendar