Remote + Cambridge/LondonReporting to
Senior DirectorRole type
Full time, permanentContact
As a recognizedpioneer and market leader in machine learning voice engineering, Speechmatics enables companies to buildapplications that detect and transcribe voice in any context in real-time. Its neural networks consider acoustics, languages,dialects, multiple speakers, punctuation, capitalization, context and implicit meanings. Check out our happy customers here.
Speechmatics is a rapidly growing, global company with offices in Cambridge, UK, Denver, USA, Chennai, India and Brno, Czech Republic. With ambitious growth plans comes great opportunities that are exciting and progressive. You will be working with some of the smartest minds in the industry, working on cutting-edge projects and deploying the latest techniques to disrupt the market.
If this is a mission you want to contribute to in a passionate way, then we want to hear from you.About The Job
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to develop, design and maintain our cloud-based SaaS system for our state-of-the-art ASR engineer. You will participate in solving the challenges needed to deliver a rapidly growing product portfolio. In addition to helping deliver features, you will help drive the system architecture. There will also be opportunities to contribute towards defining and improving the best practices we employ to develop new features and products.
Because you will be joining a rapidly expanding team, you will need to be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on rapidly moving research developments into products. We strongly encourage versatility and knowledge transfer within and across teams, so we can share efficiently what needs to be done to meet our commitments to the rest of the company.
If you are a talented, detail-oriented engineer with a solid software development foundation and a commitment to deliver the best possible technology solutions, then we want to hear from you.RequirementsKey Responsibilities
- Strong individual software developer with design skills for a large-scale cloud-based SaaS solution.
- Participate in the software development as part of the Scrum team. Accountable for the Definition of Done for user stories - define, design, code and ship new features.
- Ensure code quality, test coverage and adherence to different quality metrics.
- Participate actively in code reviews to ensure quality and distribute knowledge.
- Mentor and guiding junior members of the team to improve the overall expertise and skills of the team.
- Collaborating in a cross-functional agile team to solve challenging technical problems with innovative solutions.
- Any other suitable and relevant duties as assigned.
- 6 to 9 years of strong hands-on experience in object-oriented programming preferably in C++ or GoLang
- Strong experience in Linux operating system
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools like Git, Gitlab/Github
- Strong knowledge in data structures, and algorithms
- Good Experience with OOAD and design patterns
- Good Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Proficient with writing REST APIs, web applications and micro services
- Proficient with Kubernetes concepts such as Pods, Services, Deployments, Statefulsets, Volume claims, Helm Charts, etc.
- Proficient database fundamentals and schema design skills. Experience with relational database systems (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Proficient with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker registries and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with networking and network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP
- Solid work experience in building SaaS based products.
- Experience building solutions on one or more public clouds - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as DataDog, Kibana
- Hands on experience in provision and de-provision cloud resource using Terraform script for infrastructure as a code
- Worked on Kubernetes configuration customize tool such as Kustomize, Helm
- Kubernetes certification will be an add-on
- AWS certification will be an add-on
- Passionate about learning new technologies and innovation. Flexible to adapt to changes
- Very good presentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, should be self-motivated
- Works well in cross-collaboration environment
We have a salary band in mind for each role, however we are candidate-led, so we want to ensure we attract the very best talent and remain flexible. We also offer comprehensive benefits.Interview Process
The interview process for each role does vary, but usually, we would start off by asking you to complete a Further Information Form, so that we can be clear on your expectations from the start and get to know you a little better. Then we ask you to have a quick chat with the Hiring Manager to establish suitability and for you to ask us any questions before we progress the application by sending you role specific tests/tasks (if applicable). If this goes well, you will be asked to attend (either remotely or onsite if you are able) more technical interviews before we arrange a 'meet the team' session.
Please do let us know as soon as possible how we can best accommodate you and make any reasonable adjustments to facilitate the interview process and make the experience as comfortable as possible.Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is our priority. We are committed to providing an environment of acceptance where you are free to bring your full self to work. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, national origin, veteran status or pregnancy and maternity status.