Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel! You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes to keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!The techy bit
If you know some of this even better!
- Commercial experience of hands on React development, with a solid understanding of the core concepts including recent additions i.e. Hooks, Context API
- Solid understanding of state management technologies/approaches i.e. Redux, Flux
- Commercial Experience with a Type Checking language either Flow or TypeScript (we use TypeScript)
- Commercial experience of unit testing/End to end testing/regression testing (we use Jest, React-testing-libraries and Cypress)
- Commercial experience of linter/formatter tooling eg ESlint/Prettier/webpack etc
- Experience of pair programming
- Experience of using CSS pre-processors, CSS-in-JS (we use SASS and styled components)
- Solid understanding of the Agile methodology i.e. Story point estimation, refinement, sprint planning, retrospective, sprint demos
- Commercial experience of using version control tooling (GIT) in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
- Good understanding/awareness of Accessibility, SEO Principles, Security , Performance best practices
- A desire to write readable, maintainable, modular and extendable code
- Experience in bringing multiple viewport responsive and adaptive web designs to life
- The candidate has to have good communication skills and capability to interact directly with the wider team (show and tells/requirement analysis sessions/retrospectives etc)
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Knowledge of Node and NextJS
- Additional Commercial eCommerce platform experience - Magento/Hybris /Shopify
- Experience of working on Java/Node/C#/PHP projects would be extremely advantageous
- Experience with Commercial Content Management Platform such as AEM
- Commercial experience in building headless solutions
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.