Xstrahl is a medical technology company that designs clinical and research systems to help eradicate cancer. For more than 20 years, Xstrahl has been shaping the development of superficial and orthovoltage therapies for cancer treatment and advancing pre-clinical research. Xstrahl systems are in operation at more than 700 treatment and research facilities worldwide.
With recent growth, we are looking to hire an Electrical Engineer to join our UK team. This position will be the Electrical Engineering lead for next generation product development and be responsible for the design and development for new product features.Responsibilities include:
Required Skills and Education:
- Design and validate embedded systems based on ARM architectures, running RTOS
- Develop motor control modules to drive precision mechanical systems
- Design various power supply systems that include DC/DC, AC/DC, low and high-power capabilities.
- Take new products through full regulatory compliance certifications and debug and update designs to achieve compliance with emission standards, safety regulations, environmental requirements.
- Use CAD tools to capture schematics, layout PCBs, and prepare full design documentation necessary for manufacturing.
- Maintain existing designs, debug and solve problems and issues reported from the field.
- Work with third-party suppliers on specialized designs where the schedules or resources do not warrant an in-house design.
- 2+ years of experience in PCB design
- Experience in electrical hardware design
- Experience in introducing products into manufacturing
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Experience in working to processes, working within a highly regulated environment would be beneficial
- Direct hands-on experience in bringing up and debugging new designs
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team would be beneficial
- Familiar with mainstream CAD tools like Altium, Cadence, Orcad
- Familiar with theory and operation of various power supply topologies, microcontrollers, and analog and digital concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or HCN/HND with relevant experience.
To be considered you must be able to travel internationally, when Covid safely permits. Also, be able to work flexible hours to accommodate deadlines and colleague in different time zones. And, to take to heart the Xstrahl ethos of- Start, Go, Finish.
Powered by JazzHR