Due to growth within the business we are now looking for a Financial Accountant
to join our finance team and provide support across the team.About Us
SPT Labtech is a global supplier of innovative products for accelerating research, combining the best science with first-rate engineering. We design and manufacture a wide range of automated liquid handling, sample management and sample preparation systems addressing high growth markets in genomics, structural biology and drug discovery.Responsibilities
RequirementsYou will be
- Supporting the finance team in process review, innovation and documentation.
- Working with the Financial Controller to develop efficient financial systems.
- Working with the Financial Controller to support the finance team in the reporting of timely and accurate month end accounts.
- Business partnering and working with the wider business to interpret and report other financial data including sales reporting.
- Understanding and supporting all finance functions including AP and AR.
- Assist with the business forecasting process.
- Drive for efficiency and change throughout Finance and the business.
- Support with the annual audit.
- Accountability for statutory reporting including financial statement preparation, VAT, US sales tac, RDEC tax credit regime.
- Production of ad hoc reports and in-depth analysis on request.
- Fully qualified, technically strong with a good understanding of management reporting in a manufacturing environment;
- Have strong analytical skills and be able to interpret and manipulate data;
- Able to work and communicate effectively with colleagues at a range of levels;
- Have a hands-on approach in getting the job done;
- Proactive and tenacious;
- Confident and open to new challenges;
- Able to act on own initiative and prepared to ask for guidance;
- Able to perform several different tasks and to prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines are met, whilst producing accurate work;
- Quick to assimilate and work effectively with new information.
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA preferable, ACCA);
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working within a similar role;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Experience of ERP systems and business intelligence tools.
Our company culture supports diversity and is inclusive of all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or family status, and we endeavour to support our employees' needs to the best of our ability.Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including Private Medical Insurance, generous Pension Plan, Life Assurance. Also, CycleScheme, discounted gym memberships, Employee Assistance Programme.
We are based on the Melbourn Science Park, a lovely village location that is still only short commute from Cambridge, Royston and the surrounding areas.
Before applying, please take the time to read our recruitment privacy notice which can be found here