What Disperse Does
Ever wondered how skyscrapers like The Shard or The Gherkin get built? Disperse uses AI and computer vision to revolutionise the construction of iconic buildings around the world, such as the upcoming 22 Bishopsgate - the UK's second tallest building.
Join a creative, conscientious and proudly diverse community of AI researchers, software engineers, architects and designers dedicated to helping build the skylines of tomorrow.Working as a Software Engineer at Disperse
You'll be working closely with our London client-base to understand their needs and translate that into new software tools.
You'll also be working with our computer vision scientists to turn research algorithms into production quality software that can be deployed on billion-pound construction projects.
As a full-stack engineer your role will be highly varied. You might be designing distributed computing pipelines in Python, deploying and configuring our AWS based stack, or developing web applications using Node, TypeScript and React.
You'll also be part of a fast-growing team in our London office, which means it's up to you to define the culture and to nurture future engineers that join.What about the COVID-19 pandemic?
Since our software enables remote work, we've been essential in keeping construction sites operating safely during the crisis - which is why we need engineers like you more than ever! Most of Disperse is currently working from home and we expect this to last for the rest of the year. If you can't make it to London until next year then that's not a problem, as many of our employees have returned to their home countries until the pandemic is over.RequirementsMust-haves
Bonus points if
- You enjoy learning and working independently and can make decisions with minimal supervision
- You have a strong product-mindset and want to build pragmatic solutions that provide genuine user value
- You're excited about taking computer vision out of the lab and putting it to work on real-life problems
- You're familiar with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- You have a strong engineering background in a subject like Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or Physics
Location & visa restrictions
- You've worked with Amazon AWS stacks (we use products like EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda)
- You can write code in Python and might have used TensorFlow or pyTorch before
- You can write code in TypeScript and are familiar with a modern front end framework like React
- You've had experience with small start-up environments
BenefitsWhat we can offer you
- If you need a Tier 2 visa, Disperse is happy to sponsor your application and we already have employees under this scheme.
- For the remainder of 2020, remote working is the norm and we don't mind where you are located.
- However, we expect you to eventually work from London since we believe that having a vibrant office environment is important (we don't accept long-term fully-remote applicants).
- We're growing so fast that we have a surplus of career paths available for you. Want to be a leader and learn how to manage teams? Done! Care more about product development and want training on how to run your own design workshop? We can do that too! Or are you more interested in AI and computer vision? You'll be working alongside the best researchers in the industry, and we'll sponsor you for an online Nanodegree through Udacity.
- We host a bi-annual, company-wide Hack Week. Put your day job on hold and work on whatever you want, with whomever you want, then present what you've made to the entire company. Great for dusting off that cool idea you've been pondering but never had the time to build.
- Competitive salary and a generous equity package, along with a desk at our beautiful central London office. Our benefits also include a company laptop, flexible working hours, work-from-home policy, and Vitality health insurance. We can also be extra-flexible if you have (or are planning to have) young children.