In March 2016, Quantexa was founded by a team with decades of experience in software, data and advanced analytics. We know the opportunity was big, every business with data at its core can benefit from what we're doing, so we can hit the ground hard, pioneering a contextual approach.
In five years, we've grown from a few desks huddled in the corner of a shared space to having over 300+ staff worldwide! Having just completed our Series C funding round, attracting more than $90m in investment, we are now in a scale up phase.
Due to our continued success and high demand from our Clients, we are looking for Scala Developers to join our R&D team to build and shape the next generation of products that transform how organizations around the world use dataWhat will you be doing?
You'll be joining Quantexa's dedicated Research and Development team which is at the heart of everything we do here. The team is continuously working on new and innovative products, helping our Tier 1 clients solve business problems in the area of fraud, compliance and financial crime. Our products process, analyse and display huge volumes of data with the ultimate aim of detecting anomalous and suspicious activity.
Our back end services are primarily written in Scala and deployed as microservices. We are huge fans of functional and strongly typed programming, making use of libraries such as Cats and Shapeless. We use Akka and Monix to help build scalable, highly performant, distributed services. We utilise techniques such as event sourcing and CQRS in our persistence layer to ensure our datastores are scalable and flexible.
The R&D department currently consists of over 70 people split into agile teams of engineers, product owners, designers, QA and others each focusing on specific projects and areas of the product.RequirementsWhat do I need to have?
BenefitsWhy join Quantexa?
- Take pride in designing, building and delivering high quality well engineered solutions to complex problems.
- The desire to work with the latest technology stacks.
- Have experience in functional programming using Scala.
- Take a big picture approach to solving problems, taking care to ensure that the solution works well within the wider system
- Knowledge working with any of the following technologies or libraries Akka, Monix, Cats, Shapeless, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Gradle, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Passion and drive to grow within one of the UK's fastest growing scale-ups.
As well as a competitive salary, company bonus + Pension we offer
- Well being We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, Private Healthcare, Life insurance and Income protection. No to mention healthy fruit, unlimited drinks and snacks in the office.
- Work/life balance We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy/sell 5, plus your Birthday off!
- Family life We offer flexible + remote working (based around the team you will be joining)
- Fun We love to socialize and make friends in Quantexa. We host regular internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, outings and more...we've taken this virtual for now!
If you are excited about joining us and think you have much of what we are looking for, we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about Quantexa on our Glassdoor!