10x Future Technologies Services (10x) is a B2B technology company that provides banks with a cloud-native core banking platform. Our aim is to transform banking - we believe in making banking 10x better for customers, banks and society. At the heart of our platform is the 10x SuperCore™. With its transformational end-to-end architecture, everything has been designed from first principles to bring forward a new way of banking. We enable our client banks to engage their customers with more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.
To support the achievement of our aim, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join our fast-growing team.About The Role
10x is seeking Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to join its highest-impact, largest-scale, site reliability team.
This is a great opportunity for a SRE to join the team and own and drive the vision for the service going forward. We are looking for SREs who are passionate about working with cutting-edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge and experience.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that 10x's services - both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems - have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems-we build our own creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our software development focuses on optimising existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. As SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organisation brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.EssentialRequirements
- Good experience building and operating services on AWS and with RESTful APIs, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with development life cycle process (CI/CD), best practices and operating distributed cloud-based micro services
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Broad knowledge of programming languages, operating system principles, networking, and software development best practices
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other big data and streaming technologies
- Good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Java 8 and Enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring
- Experience with delivering in an Agile manner, particularly Scrum
- Experience with Operational Excellence
- Be part of a callout team to provide live service to our clients
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency saturation, errors and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Experience of ReactiveX and of Service Meshes (Linkerd, Istio)
- Interest in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
- Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing support focused tooling
- Experience analysing end-user experience design and developing high profile client facing products with intricate end-customer experience workflows
- Ability to debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks
More About 10x
- 25 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday plus Bank/Public Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Health Care via AXA PPP, with the option to add your family
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle via salary sacrifice
- Enhanced parental policies, dependent on tenure
- Regular company-funded socials
- All the latest tech you need to enable you to deliver excellent output
- You will also be eligible for any additional employee benefits that the Company may introduce in the future
Our home is in London but our 10x teams work around the UK and Australia provide our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries - proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers. Our engineers, product specialists and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience from within and outside financial services to deliver transformational new digital solutions. They work across API development, security, cloud-native engineering and payments technology and include UI and UX designers, technical architects and data experts.
We are driven by the belief that whatever we do as a business has to be done in the right way. Our three core values amid this are fundamental to our 10x approach Transformation, Integrity and Impact.
Learn more at www.10xbanking.comEqual Opportunities for All
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are priorities for us here at 10x - we welcome and promote diversity amongst our people and if we are to solve the legacy problems for our clients and their customers around the world, our team has to represent the people we serve. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally. All applicants will be treated fairly and will be considered for employment without discrimination because of ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment, family or parental status, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, national origin, age, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.