1.0 EnMovi Summary
EnMovi is a healthcare startup that was recently acquired by a leading Orthopeadic company. The EnMovi team is based in London and Glasgow with a current team size of 20 people. EnMovi focuses on wearable sensors and data analytics, known as 'MotionSense' and 'OrthoLogIQ', related to patient care in Orthopaedic procedures. Both technologies have the capability to monitor the patient's journey pre, intra and post-operatively, empowering surgeons and patients with comprehensive data-driven solutions.2.0 Role Summary
The Senior Staff Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading the translation of high-level requirements from market research and other internal/external data sources to the cross-functional teams ensuring those requirements are followed through the lifecycle of a product. The Engineer will work in close collaboration with Multidisciplinary teams, Program Management, Quality Assurance, Marketing, AO, and GQO to deliver products for Stryker customers per the product development roadmap.3.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities
4.0 Required Qualifications and Work Experience
- Interacting with internal customers (including end user insights from the design team) and marketing to draft requirements and design documentation.
- Supporting technology research and feasibility studies of systems to investigate the applicability of new technologies for future products.
- Supporting the development of system architecture and system level design through the decomposition of the system architecture and requirements from other groups into subsystem requirements.
- Ensuring that all quality requirements are met and that user needs are accurately captured.
- Proposing and investigating solutions as needed to help mitigate any technical risks.
- Supporting the development team through the Risk Management Plan and guide the team through execution of the Risk Management activities defined by the plan.
- Leading the development of test plans, protocols, and detailed test reports for verification and validation activities.
- Ensuring that traceability of requirements is accurately captured and documented.
- Investigates defined issues with uncertain cause including input solicitation and data gathering that help differentiate the symptoms and root cause of defined problems and propose problem resolutions.
- Interfacing with a contract manufacturer, building BoM and production cost estimates.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field. Advanced degree highly desired.
- Minimum of 6+ years experience
- Experience with complex product launches in a highly regulated environment (medical field highly desirable)
Applying standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems from the concept phase to final design and commercial release.
The use of risk management practices applied to highly regulated product development.
Creating design specifications, requirements definition, system budgets (i.e., Error, Cost, or Performance).
Developing test protocols/procedures, collecting and analyzing the data, and creating detailed reports. Leadership & Teamwork:
- A self-starter, able to scope activities and execute.
- Takes responsibility, maintains a positive outlook, and ability to make decisions in a high-stress environment. Able to remove obstacles to further progress through effective communication/negotiation with stakeholders.
- Experienced working with remote teams.
- Making engineering decisions that can affect the financial impact of programs.
Planning and Organizing:
- Identifies and prioritizes issues and takes a proactive approach to dealing with them.
- Thinks creatively to produce workable ideas and novel solutions.
- Has the dedication and commitment to drive activities to completion.
- Works with confidence unsupervised.
- Capable of managing multiple concurrent and complex activities and teams.
5.0 Ways of Working
- Manages own development and performance.
- Strives to improve and keep knowledge and skills up to date.
6.0 Employment Type
- Based in the London office, however for the near-term remote working is expected.
Full-time7.0 Reports To
Director, Product Development