iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in minutes.
Since 2012, we've made finance available to over 50,000 businesses across Europe and lent over £1 billion. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team.
However, we're still near the start of our journey - our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn't an optional add-on, it's the core ingredient of what makes us great.Your Mission
- To conduct independent analysis of credit applications - using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from financial accounts, bank statements, credit reference agencies and other sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- To perform thorough due diligence to ensure affordability of credit in line with internal policy.
- To improve the decision making framework, models and processes alongside our Tech, Analytics and Product teams.
- To communicate effectively with our customer facing teams to ensure a fast and slick service.
- Experience in commercial credit underwriting, credit sanctioning or credit analysis within the SME space.
- Previous exposure to decisioning different credit product types and debt structures, including both short and longer term loans.
- Excellent communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with our customers as part of the decision-making process, as well as internal stakeholders.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to come up with innovative and scalable solutions to day-to-day problems and suggest changes to processes to improve our efficiency.
- A strong desire to challenge the status-quo and drive for continuous improvement..
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you'll have
- Experience in commercial loan underwriting, credit sanctioning or credit analysis, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending.
- Strong business acumen and a working understanding of what makes a good business good, so you can quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- A good understanding of how businesses operate, including their main risk and revenue drivers.
- The ability to interpret financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- A confident and enthusiastic attitude that works well in a regularly changing and fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- The ability to come up with innovative and scalable solutions to day-to-day problems and suggest changes to processes to improve our efficiency.
- Excellent educational background with an undergraduate degree in either Finance, Mathematics or Finance. CFA preferred but not essential.
What's life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy
- Bright, modern office spaces in London (Fitzrovia) & Leeds. We have always supported flexible working however during the current pandemic the majority of iwocans are working from home. We have taken every precaution to keep our offices COVID-19 secure for those that need to use them.
- A calendar of 'remote friendly' events each week including Bingo, Comedy Nights, Escape Room challenges
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments
- Virtual Yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday morning
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
Just for you
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- We take your well being incredibly seriously, so you'll have instant access to emotional and mental health support services via our partner Spill
- Share options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme. Save £££ on your nursery costs.
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- All the equipment you need to set up your home working space up
- Paid volunteering time for you to support your chosen charity
- Bring your dog to work days, we're dog friendly on Tuesday and Thursdays in our London office.
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer
- L&D budget including a book budget to encourage you to keep learning
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.