Since our inception in 2011, we've been on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is dependable, affordable, and a fraction of today's cost. To date, we've provided over 5 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland.
We began our mission with an asynchronous approach to healthcare. Patients fill out a short medical questionnaire for review by our in-house doctors and once approved the appropriate medication is sent directly to their door. Our approach has been successful in removing the time and effort needed to visit a GP in person and in treating a high volume of patients within a relatively short space of time.
Our pharmacy is busier than ever but since our $32m investment in 2019, we have been adding to our offering to become a more holistic healthcare provider. Now, we offer live one-to-one video consultations in Germany through our iOS and Android apps, have white-label partnerships in the UK, and are constantly looking at ways to do more for our patients.
We have ambitious growth plans at Zava, after a second successful round of investment and following the completion of two exciting acquisitions in Germany, and we are now in the early phases of developing partnerships with statutory healthcare providers, as well as health insurers so that we can offer our services with reduced costs to our patients.
We aim to be Europe's biggest digital healthcare provider by 2025.About the role:
We're looking for a Content Designer to work with our Product and UX design teams on creating clear and intuitive copy for our range of online doctor services. The healthcare industry presents unique content opportunities and challenges. Information relating to health can be difficult to understand, often written in complex medical language. At ZAVA, we aim for our copy to be clear, empathetic, trustworthy, and engaging. Most importantly, all content needs to be accessible to our patients.
You'll work as part of the Content team which sits within the Marketing team, alongside 11 other Content professionals who between them create all content and copy for our products and marketing efforts in 3 languages. You will be supported by both the Content Lead for the UK and the UX Writing Lead at ZAVA.What can you expect from working with us?
Day-to-day you will:
- Receptiveness to new ideas - We're breaking new ground all the time, which means there's no tried and tested way yet. We want you to push the boundaries, try new things and take responsibility for big ideas.
- Variety - You'll be involved in a range of content projects including creating new patient journeys as well as optimising existing ones for a range of different partner brands as well as ZAVA.
- Opportunity to influence the future of healthcare - Digital healthcare is here and has the power to transform the way the world gets better. This is our chance to be the best in a radically new industry.
- Competitive salary, remote working, and other benefits - aside from salary we offer a company-wide bonus scheme, training budget, and flexible working (working pattern can be discussed).
For this role you need to:
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content that guides patients through our different online doctor experiences
- Craft supporting content for product flows in close collaboration with our UX design team and UX writing lead, the product owners, developers, and other members of the content team
- Suggest strategies for page structure and copy improvements by using data insights from tools such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, and Looker (plus any other tool you find useful)
- Apply our tone of voice and style guide to all parts of our website journey and suggest improvements
- Suggest and implement strategies for conversion rate optimisation
- Be naturally passionate about the impact that good content has on the user's experience on our websites (and apps in future)
- Be experienced in making complex topics easy to understand, using plain English and accessibility best-practices
- Be experienced in using data and research to guide your content decisions
- Have a portfolio of great content design work that you can walk us through
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills
- Have at least 3 years experience in content creation and using CMS systems
- Hold a university degree or advanced training in a relevant field (e.g. Content Design, Journalism)
It would also be advantageous to have experience with:
Your line manager will be:
- Creating healthcare content
- Promoting a "Content First" approach within a small to medium sized organisation
- Have worked in an Agile environment before
Head of Content Your application journey will be:
Core working hours
- Introductory call with Talent Team (15 mins)
- Screening call with an Head of Content(30 mins)
- Panel interview (1 hour) consisting of:
- Head of Content
- Head of SEO
- Another member of the content team
Our core business hours are 9am - 6pm, although flexible working arrangements are available upon agreement with your line manager.