Isotropic Systems is seeking a Full Stack Web Developer with experience in the design, development and maintenance of complex web applications. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of management interfaces for Isotropic System's electronically steered satellite ground terminals. These consist of web applications served by the terminal itself, and cloud hosted management applications.
This position will report to the Director of Software and will collaborate closely with other Isotropic Engineering teams. This involves working closely with Product Management and system users to define the scope and propose compelling, intuitive web-based solutions. It also requires working closely with Marketing to create elegant graphical interfaces.
The role includes contributing to architectural decisions such as technology choice, system security, and application structure for reliability, scalability, testability, maintainability and extensibility. The developer will own the detailed design and full implementation and test of new web interfaces. A strong understanding of good engineering practices across various languages, platforms, and applications is required.
The successful candidate will work well with development and build environments on different platforms, working with source control, build, and integration servers. The candidate will be confident working as part of an agile development team while taking personal ownership of the web services.
The developer is expected to bring creativity and problem-solving capability to search for new solutions in the management of a cost-effective, high-performance satcom terminal. At least 3 years of industry experience is required.Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Specify, design, implement, and test web interface features and supporting REST services.
- Translate requirements into a detailed design that is elegant and functional.
- Propose the graphical design of web interfaces, aligned to Marketing branding.
- Employ design patterns and good practices to ensure appropriate reliability, scalability, security, extensibility etc.
- High quality software development, including design, implementation, integration, testing, release and ongoing maintenance.
- Effective usage of automation tools for testing, packaging and deployment.
- Highly productive within an agile fast-paced start-up environment.
- Interaction with the software team and other engineering disciplines to jointly optimize the overall product performance.
- BS or MS in Computer Science / related Engineering discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency with modern SPA frameworks, especially React, and associated tools.
- Proficiency in the graphical design of web interfaces, using HTML, CSS and Material-UI or similar frameworks.
- Experience in developing supporting REST API services, using Node.js or equivalent server-side technologies.
- Cloud deployment expertise.
- Implementation of internationalization and accessibility functionality.
- Confidence in security aspects, such as the OWASP Top Ten.
- Good understanding of Source Code Management and Continuous Deployment pipelines.
- Standalone problem-solver with a great attention to detail.
- Comfortable working at all phases of software design, including requirements, planning, architecture, coding, automation, testing and maintenance.
- Valuable member of an agile development team.
Isotropic Systems is a pre-revenue start-up, working on cutting edge technology in the satellite communications industry. There's a lot of hard work (and sometimes long hours) involved to get the job done. You'll do really well here if you have a great work ethic, are passionate about delivering innovation and want to be part of something truly groundbreaking.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package (salary, bonus and equity) and a culture that recognises and rewards your contributions. We operate out of serviced offices in Central Reading (less than a 5 minute walk from the station) and are growing fast, doubling our headcount in the last 3 months with more to come. We are passionate, respectful, creative, bold and have high integrity. We are Isotropic!
Isotropic embraces diversity and inclusion! We celebrate it, we actively seek it out, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. Isotropic is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that Isotropic Systems Limited operates a strict PSL and to be fair to our suppliers we do not operate outside of this. We do not accept speculative CV's from agencies and they will not constitute an introduction.Diversity, Inclusion and Equality
Isotropic Systems is a true equal opportunities employer. We are committed to practicing and promoting diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace and our mission is to make technology a more inviting and accessible industry for all.
We're delighted that our efforts have been recognised by Microsoft for Start Ups as we were finalists in the Diversity in Tech Awards 2020 for Cultural Inclusion.Company Culture
A culture of passion, integrity and creativity, that recognises and rewards your contributions
A respectful and collaborative environment that gives you the ability to challenge the status quo
We are innovative and bold and encourage employees to think differentlyWhat will you get in return?
Excellent compensation package inclusive of competitive salary, pension & 22 days holiday plus bank holidays! Bonus AND equity package FitBit upon successful completion of probation 24/7 access to the well-being centre and Employee Assistance Hotline In-house and external training programmes with great career development opportunities Cycle to work, retailer discounts portal and employee referral schemesOur Offices and Covid Secure Working
We operate out of the UK and USA, with our Head Quarters in Reading. As a pre-revenue start-up, there is lots of fast moving change and development so our UK team are based in modern offices in Reading, Berkshire (COVID-19 permitting!). This means that everyone can be involved and play their part in key stages of the work we are developing.
All Satellites, One Terminal, No Compromise. We are Isotropic!
Isotropic Systems Limited operates a strict PSL, we do not accept speculative CV's from agencies.