Head of Strategy Asia, Crep Protect
Market innovators in the sneaker care industry, Crep Protect is the world's largest premium sneaker care brand. Having been awarded 2nd place in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 as the fastest growing independent company in the UK and Europe's fastest growing fashion brand by the Financial Times, Crep Protect is now a household name that sits with consumers and retailers across 54 countries.
Sitting within the senior management in the London head office, The Head of Strategy Asia is a critical role in the Crep Protect global expansion. As part of the global leadership team, the role holds responsibilities across the head office, retail colleagues, wholesale, key accounts marketing, communications, and ecommerce.
In response to the high demand of our products in the APAC market, the role will provide strategic direction across the region, specifically in the large Chinese market, focusing on leadership, talent development and commercial strategy & execution.
We are looking for someone with a passion for people, our products, coupled with exceptional stakeholder and leadership skills. You will have significant commercial capability from this, or a complementary industry, with experience of leading a multi-million-pound P/L and a laser focus on the consumer.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for The Organization
Lead the implementation and execution of the company strategy and operate in alignment with the company operating model Brand Leadership, to ensure positive development of the Crep Protect brand image, sales and profitability in all categories to drive sustainable and profitable market share growth in the APAC market.
• Working closely with top management in head office, ensure profitable and sustainable market share growth and positive development of brand image across all categories in the Market (Asia).
• Actively identify and analyse strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the Market and drive initiatives on area, market, or global level to meet these challenges.
• Execute the strategic business plan and steer successful implementation of strategies based on global and market Asia direction.
• Effectively manage cross-functional projects (incl. global, functional and market projects) on a local level.
• Manage regional marketing and social media champion on multiple channels (incl. WeChat, Instagram, Weibo, and company website), and potential collaboration with influencers.
• Balance thoroughly business, marketing, people, and financial objectives across the market to derive the "best/optimal" results.
• Analyse & evaluate complex business proposals/opportunities/threats based on a sound financial analysis ("managerial finance")
• Represent Crep Protect as a "brand ambassador".
• Ensure and encourage best practice transfer in the country, but also across the Market and Global.
• Actively collaborate and engage with all functional heads within the Market.
• Create a culture of inclusion across the organization to ensure everyone can be their true self.
• Represent the country internally and externally on senior management issues.
• Control and monitor all KPIs on an ongoing basis, measure progress and identify performance gaps as early as possible and initiate measures and activities accordingly.
• Ensure that the market meets or exceeds budget targets and report any risks in a proactive and timely manner.
• Execute against an efficient and effective organizational structure per company blueprint.
• Regularly identify and develop talents, create realistic succession scenarios leveraging the company aligned processes.
• Senior Leadership Team (SLT Global)
• Global Brand Director (and Marketing Management Team)
• Global Sales Director (and Sales Management Team)
• Digital, new-media partners and fashion publications (China)
• Trainer and sports fashion retailers (China)
Education, Knowledge and Skills required
• Minimum Master's degree in any discipline
• At least one year work experience in a large and complex managerial role covering Sales and Marketing in leading a team (people as well as strategic leadership) in a large sales organization.
• Up to date knowledge in today's China market
• Proven experience in driving market share in China with sound strategy and execution
• Preferable cross-cultural, global experience in Asian countries.
• Highly analytical and strong decision-making capabilities.
• Ability to motivate and lead people and hold employees accountable.
• High degree of commercial and business acumen.
• Ability to think strategically, anticipate and articulate problems, synthesize complex data.
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation (small and large groups) skills.
• Ability to deliver effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to diverse audiences.
• Ability to manage through change, make decisions and proven ability to deal with risk and uncertainty.
• Fluent in English and Chinese (written and spoken) in a professional environment.
Salary: £70,000.00 - £100,000.00 per annum (Base)
• Pension scheme
• Private Health Insurance
• 28 days paid annual leave and bank holidays