DescriptionRole - Software Engineer (React)Location - Farringdon, London (remote currently)Brand - Photobox GroupWork with us
Photobox is the European market-leader in photo-based products, enabling millions of customers a year to create beautiful gifts for their loved ones.
We are looking for someone to join the engineering team responsible for the redevelopment of the editor, which is a highly interactive web-based application where customers can design and customize their photo book or calendar.
Our editor and the services that support it have been rebuilt from scratch over the past two years. It has a React front-end supported by serverless node.js microservices hosted in AWS.
By joining us, you will have the opportunity to help solve a variety of interesting technical challenges. These include helping to build a great user experience for our customers, building a true WYSIWYG creation studio and ensuring our systems are reliable and scale properly to support our seasonal traffic peaks.What you can expect as an Engineer in the Editor team
Come join a team of experienced and enthusiastic engineers where people are empowered to have an impact and quality is valued.
We are looking for people who are happy to get involved in making full-stack, end-to-end changes but do not require people who have full stack experience. We are excited to give our team members opportunities to grow on the job.
You will be involved right from the very beginning of an idea, owning it through discovery, development and testing, releasing it and then supporting it in production.
You will be working on a system where the editor team are the code owners of the entire end-to-end system and are responsible for building, running and evolving it.Our Environment / Tech Stack
RequirementsWho are you?
- AWS Serverless technologies - SNS, SQS, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, DocumentDB
- CI/CD with Jenkins, with plans to migrate to github actions
- Cypress end-to-end tests and Jest unit and integration tests
- Agile team processes
We are looking for someone with significant experience in React, ideally working on complex single page apps.
Technology wise, we would love to speak with you if you have experience with:
It's An Added Bonus If You Have Experience With
- React and Redux
- Automated testing, particularly writing unit tests
- Experience working in agile product-lead teams
- Node.js or another back-end technology
- Computer science-related degree
- Communicative and social - We're a friendly bunch and great communication is the key to our success
- Continual improvement - Learning and improving. That's what it's all about.
- Collaborative and helpful - We go much further when we help each other improve whenever and however we can.
- Delivery Focused - We're obsessive in our pursuit for the best customer experience, but a timely delivery is essential.
- Enthusiastic - We're building things we care about and we love what we do!
Problem solver at heart - We have loads of interesting challenges in our problem-space which require some creative thinking!Benefits
On top of a competitive salary we also offer a range of great benefits too.
- Yearly bonus
- Maternity and Paternity policies, and flexible working support for parents
- Flexible working and work from home
- Funded wellbeing - including discounted gyms, yoga and bootcamps in the office
- Healthcare, dental and life assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental health and wellbeing support available 24/7
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the team
- Credit to spend each year on Photobox
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays) increasing each year up to 38