BenevolentAI unites technology with human intelligence to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines. We have developed the Benevolent Platform®, a drug discovery platform built on powerful data foundations with state of the art machine learning and AI technology. Our technology empowers scientists to decipher the vast and complex code underlying human biology, find new ways to treat disease and personalise medicines to patients. Benevolent has active in-house R&D drug programmes in disease areas such as neurodegeneration, immunology, oncology and inflammation and has research and commercial collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and research organisations. The company is headquartered in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Who We Are
We are an eclectic bunch at Benevolent, united by our belief that innovative thinking and purposeful technology can truly change outcomes for the better. Our mission is to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines for patients in need and we do this by applying AI, machine learning and other advanced technologies to reinvent the ways drugs are discovered and developed. We strive to bring together unique skills and perspectives across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI research, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.The Role
BenevolentAI builds a broad set of software tools and technologies to enhance and accelerate the discovery of new medicines through artificial intelligence.
The Technical Project Manager will report to the Director of Technical Programme Management and will be responsible for helping teams improve Agile processes within a team. The team could sit inside product and tech or in the drug discovery org.
This role will work in coordination with Science leads and will work with different stakeholders in BenevolentAI to ensure effective execution of projects that meet evolving business needs.Primary Responsibilities
- You successfully deliver projects using Agile methodologies
- You are able to collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project requirements, set priorities, plan delivery and give the teams the support they need
- You create communication plans and execute them successfully with the relevant stakeholders
- You plan requirements alongside tech leads and product managers
- You manage project schedules, identify and mitigate risks
- You promote and coach teams on Agile and Scrum methodology
- You understand high-level company strategy and ensure alignment to project direction
- You successfully manage relationships across departments
- You leverage a broader network to ensure continued engagement from stakeholders
We are looking for someone with
- You apply change management strategies across the business
- You champion best practices in project management and embed better ways of working across the organisation
Nice to haves
- Experience managing projects that include medium-term planning and technical customer support
- Proven experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams to accomplish goals in a timely manner
- Experience delivering using Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Fluency in project management tools to document, detail, and track work within the team
- Effective communicator with decisive yet collaborative leadership style and ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across organisational boundaries
- Experience defining roadmaps, writing detailed specifications and delivering on time
- Can-do attitude, proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving and issue resolution
- 4+ years with project management experience
Together, we envision a world in which no disease goes untreated. If you are benevolent, curious, want to tackle real-world problems and are willing to embrace new ideas, hit that 'apply' button and join us.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Chemistry, Statistics, Engineering or related technical discipline
- A professional project management qualification is not essential but a bonus e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, Agile
- Experience working with CROs and other external scientific providers