Internal Communications Manager/Senior Manager
Hauser & Wirth London
This this role is not for you? Think twice! Hauser & Wirth is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing passionate people is essential no matter their background. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We particularly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Hauser & Wirth is one of the leading international galleries for contemporary art with locations in Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Menorca, Somerset, St. Moritz and Zurich. In London, we are looking for an experienced full-time Internal Communications Manager.
We are growing fast, and it's an exciting time to join us, with new projects and openings coming. As part of this expansion, Internal Communications has become one of the key priorities for our People & Culture team, to change and re-energise the internal tone of voice, lead a technology led engaging culture of change, and enable efficiency and improve ways of working.
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing internal communications strategies and plans that engage, align, and inspire employees around our vision, business strategy and culture. In this role you will work closely with the CEO to ensure consistent messaging, tone, style and voice for all communications in alignment with brand standards. In tandem, this person will serve as a partner to the company's P&C and leadership teams to develop internal communications to help keep employees informed, engaged, inspired, and connected.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Internal Communications and Engagement Strategy
• Create, implement and manage a proactive internal communications strategy and plan.
• Responsible for proposing and managing an internal communications budget, including for investment in tools, apps and other resources/services.
• Ensure all content is measurable and be able to evaluate it using the appropriate tools and analytics.
Internal facilitation and bridging the gaps in communication
• Act as a main point of contact for all announcements and communications in the entire Company.
• Work closely with CEO, People & Culture on a daily basis to ensure their latest news, announcements and developments are communicated professionally and in a timely manner.
• Build and sustain good working relationships with all Head of Departments and Offices. Gather news from all of them in ways that are consistently effective and structured.
• Be knowledgeable about everything that takes place in our Galleries globally, as well as our partner Artfarm.
• Identify and resolve major employee/departmental email communication bottlenecks/problems by creating/advising/educating on efficient email best practice.
• Maintain the highest standards of discretion and emotional intelligence when interacting with all team members.
• Create and manage a content calendar.
• Manage the content production and publication of our weekly newsletter, "HausNews": constantly engage all locations and department in sharing content, lead Editorial meetings.
• Write/create/produce regular content that informs, engages and motivates all employees and encourages feedback.
• Be unafraid to interview, engage and challenge others' points of view to produce the best possible insights and outcomes.
• Be committed to integrity in everything and best practice approaches, tools and storytelling techniques using a variety of mediums.
• Be fully autonomous and proficient with all types of media for content production: copy, images, create your own videos, presentations, interviews, calls.
Online and physical events
• Set up and manage all IC communications channels and major employee events, online and in-person.
Manage with the CEO office team kick-off events, CEO/management briefings, and other initiatives.
Engagement Measure & Risk Management
• Ensure all communications channels enable employees to have a voice and say. Create feedback mechanisms and approaches that encourage everybody to feel confident to share their feedback honestly and constructively.
• Monitor and make recommendations on Employer's reputation.
• Flag of any issue/concern that may affect team members' motivation or
• Ensure effective mechanisms are in place to relay urgent news as well as for crisis communications.
• Identify constantly with the IT teams the next level of technology needed to improve regularly tools and platforms for communicating efficiently: content, meetings, engagement platforms.
• Lead and support the teams with the implementation of new technology related to People & Culture / Internal Communications.
Education and Experience
• BA in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or HR.
• Must have an outstanding command of the English language. Additional languages as German, Spanish or French are a plus.
• At least five years' experience working in an Internal Communications role.
• Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills, including the ability to source and craft stories from Heads of Departments, Offices and other employees.
• Technology-savvy is a must, using and knowing what is new and working for content creation and internal communications / engagement platforms.
• Autonomous and proficient in Graphic Design: InDesign, Adobe, Illustrator, Video edition.
• Track record in developing and delivering effective Internal Communications strategies, campaigns and content based on insight and evidence-based research.
• Proven as a creative, professional storyteller for companies.
Experienced in giving presentations to global teams and able to advise Heads of Departments on their IC needs.
• Able to build rapport, trust and great working relationships with all colleagues in a multicultural, multinational work environment.
• Strategic thinker and content planner, ability to work in high-energy, high expectation and team oriented global culture.
• Proficient in Microsoft and Apple applications, as well as IC channels and tools.
• Experience of working in multinational environments and adept in managing organisational change.
• Approachable, diplomatic and adaptable to changing demands and deadlines.
• Absolute discretion and high emotional intelligence.
To apply, please email email@example.com