Cloud developers with exposure to web-based technologies required for our office in London. The successful candidates will be involved in application development using cloud technologies (serverless applications, containerised Java applications) and API development
Our preference is for prior experience in cloud-based Java development within a commercial environment, but we are willing to look at candidates who lack this but are still able to demonstrate a competence in Java development and who show a significant willingness and ability to learn. The successful applicants will work within a collaborative team of highly skilled consultants to successfully deliver projects within our Cloud Engineering practices, and will have the potential to learn new technologies and develop their skills.You...
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!We need you to be really great at
If you know any of this even better
- Solid Java programming skills, with experience writing complex software and APIs.
- Familiarity with one or more additional language (JS/TS, Go, Python, Ruby).
- An understanding of traditional Design Patterns and the ability to assess their value within a solution.
- Experience provisioning and/or integrating with one or more managed cloud service (e.g. Amazon RDS, Google Compute Engine).
- Understanding of DevOps methodology.
- A Quality-focused mindset.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Deployed and redeployed software to GCP/AWS/Azure.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code languages (e.g. Cloudformation, Terraform).
- An understanding of competing SaaS offerings from Google/Amazon/Microsoft and the advantages and disadvantages between them.
- Practiced Test-Driven development.
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.