Who We Are
We are interactive investor (ii), the UK's number one flat-fee investment platform, here to help our customers take control of their financial future.
For a simple, flat monthly fee we provide a secure home for customer pensions, ISAs and investments. Other providers charge a percentage fee, which means the amount a customer pays increases as their investments grow. Our flat fee stays the same, so ii customers keep more of their money. Additionally, we provide an industry-leading selection of investments and a team generating up-to-date expert insight. This choice and intelligence can help our customers invest in the way that's right for them.
interactive investor has been helping investors for 25 years. Over the years, we have seen market highs and lows, and been resilient throughout. We are proud to have over £45 billion of assets under administration, over 350,000 customers, and to be rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot.What We Stand For
It's simple ... we want our customers to feel confident and in control, for interactive investor to go from strength to strength, and for ii to be a workplace where we can all thrive. Our customer-driven approach and bold values sit at the heart of this. We are honest, straight-talking and transparent with our customers and our colleagues. We are decisive and take ownership of what we say and deliver. We are ambitious and passionate about what we believe is right for our customers, our teams, ourselves and interactive investor.PURPOSE OF ROLE
The purpose of the role is to lead the Transfers functions, including defining and setting the operating model for the transfers teams and delivering the people resource plan. The role holder will outline the roles and requirements within transfers to ensure operational targets are met. The role maintains the first line of defence within transfers, including responsibility for identifying and mitigating operational risks. It ensures that cross-departmental relationships are effectively managed, to achieve operational excellence. It identifies opportunities to drive operational change and continuous improvement within transfers and implements accordingly.
- Lead and develop the transfers teams to deliver exceptional operational service to ii customers, driving teams to exceed operational targets and service standards
- Define a robust strategy to effectively manage fluctuations in transfers volumes throughout the annual cycle
- Lead and drive short and long term strategic plans through change and improvement initiatives to deliver sustained operational improvement and excellence
- Plan, define, deliver and continually refine an effective Operational Model that drives high levels of efficiency, risk control and exceptional customer experience
- Responsibility for departmental costs and annual planning around department costs
- Ownership for transfers FTE modelling and reforecasting
- Create a team culture, lead from the front demonstrating passion and determination to succeed
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all internal and external third parties to ensure the smooth operation and control of the function
- Provide oversight to the Chief Customer Services and Operations Officer on transfers reporting, potential risk and exposure and departmental MI, highlighting opportunities for change, risk mitigation strategies and future state opportunities and threats
- Plan, define, deliver and continually refine an effective Operational Model that drives high levels of efficiency, risk control and legendary customer experience, delivering sustained operational improvement and excellence
- Accountable for making informed risk decisions and effectively and credibly debate and challenge management recommendations within your role in line with the approved Risk Appetite Framework
- Maintain the first line of defence in relation to identifying, mitigating and managing operational risks in line with the policies set out by the firm and ensuring the transfers team have the skills to carry out their roles effectively
- Maintain the first line of compliance defence by ensuring department adherence to business processes and procedures that are designed to meet the regulatory standards set out in the relevant FCA rules and guidance.
RequirementsSKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Drive an inclusive culture ensuring diversity and equal opportunities within your team
- Proven senior management operational experience, leading large, multi skilled and complex teams
- Experience of collaborative stakeholder management, specifically at customer facing, senior management and executive levels
- Proven experience of delivering operational improvement and efficiencies
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
- Ability to build strong, effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong resource management skills
- Ability to initiate a plan and execute
- Conflict management skills
- Flexible approach with the ability to remain calm under stressful situations ad work at pace
- Understanding of key tasks and functions across all Operational departments and how they influence the customer experience.
- Knowledge of the three lines of defence model to manage operational risk.
- Knowledge of the FCA handbook and ability to translate regulatory information in order that it can be embedded.