Lyst is a search and discovery platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world's leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad's goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist as part of the Data Enrichments team who can help us lead the design of and help to build machine learning models that allow us to enrich and modify millions of products at scale. You will be working directly with a diverse and cross functional team of Backend Engineers, other Data Scientists, Technical Analysts and a Product Manager.,You will have access to the industry's biggest fashion site data and can leverage our cloud based systems.What will you be working on?
- Leading the Machine Learning efforts in the multidisciplinary Enrichment team to achieve success
- Building models: Our data set is made up of hundreds of data points for millions of products, and you will be enriching that data set by building a variety of models that make inference given existing data in order to create interesting new data points
- Analysing models: Once a model is built, the work isn't over, you'll be involved in analysing the performance of our current models, looking for ways to improve or extend them further
- Analytics, Reporting and Monitoring: Developing reports and dashboards to monitor both the training and prediction performance of our models
- We work mainly with common Python data science tools: Jupyter, Pandas, Numpy, PySpark, TensorFlow, running on a range of AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Glue, Sagemaker and Postgres RDS, along with non-AWS tools such as Snowflake
- We have high engineering standards, even for our data science projects, and practice comprehensive testing, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment across all teams
Things that matter to us:
- Experience managing a small to medium size team of data scientists and/or engineers
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team
- Commitment to quality: You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production
- Motivation: You understand and are motivated by the challenge of building cutting edge machine learning models
- Extensive experience with the entire data science lifecycle: You've done everything from collecting data to shipping models to production
- Experience with big data in the cloud: You have experience working with large amounts of remotely hosted data and developing models that build upon that data
- You will also be experienced using traditional relational databases (e.g. Postgres) and have good intuition for how to write efficient SQL queries
- You are pragmatic and you like engaging with hard problems
- You like all things about data, cleaning it, analysing it, and finding interesting patterns in it
- You are curious at heart and like to take ownership of something to make it better
- You are a team player and communicate with your peers and other stakeholders in the company on a day to day basis
- Being confronted with a difficult or strange problem makes you feel like a detective that wants to crack the mystery
- You enjoy nurturing your colleagues and empowering the team to the fullest of their ability
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day that you start.
- Conferences and events. We're big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget of £1,000.
- Enhanced family leave entitlements for both parents and carers
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Transport season ticket loans