is a rapidly expanding specialist IT Services consultancy offering a wide variety of opportunities to work within challenging and exciting environments across our client base spanning multiple verticals including Finance, Media, Telecommunications and more. Opticore IT
is currently seeking a Platform Engineer
with a solid understanding of cloud services, Infrastructure as code and container orchestration to join our Platform Practice
. As the latest addition to our Platform Engineering
team, you will be responsible for the reliability, availability, security and performance of the cloud platforms and services. Through collaboration with architecture, security and engineering teams you will lead the architecture and design of best-in-class cloud platforms, and subsequently, provide guidance on their consumption.
Currently, all opportunities are remote due to COVID19 however, when restrictions are lifted you will need to be prepared to travel into London
on a part-time basis.
we really believe in investing in our team, so learning and development really is a major focus for us. We have a dedicated Engineer Manager who works with you and your team lead to assist you in achieving your goals and certifications. A bit about the opportunity:
As a core member of the platform engineering team, you will be responsible for the reliability, availability, security and performance of the cloud platforms and services. Through collaboration with architecture, security and engineering teams you will lead the architecture and design of best-in-class cloud platforms, and subsequently, provide guidance on their consumption.Day to day you will be:
- Picking up tickets from the backlog of projects and/or from application teams when performing BAU work.
- Picking up firewall rule requests and proxy policy configuration requests from application teams.
- Performing network and GCP infrastructure changes when needed.
- Updating Terraform modules with new features for application teams.
- Assisting application teams with onboarding to the platform and debugging issues with their Infrastructure as Code.
- Implementing changes using ServiceNow change control.
What we offer you:
- Good knowledge and working experience of public cloud (GCP)
- Strong Terraform IaC skills (Terraform)
- Knowledge and working experience of CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab)
- Palo Alto skills including Panorama
- History of dealing with end-users BAU requests
- Understanding of public cloud interconnects/networking
- Knowledge of DevOps/SRE workflows including Agile working practices.
- Solid understanding of change control
If you think you could be the next member of the Opticore team, get your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format for consideration quoting REF: RO312
- Private medical
- Private pension
- Excellent career progression
- Training package
- Annual bonus
- EMI Share scheme