Joining an established and high performing Analytics function you will play a crucial role in delivering end-end and in-depth analysis to measure ongoing margin & profitability performance whilst supporting wider data led commercial initiatives.
The successful candidate will operate at a senior level with lots of autonomy providing commercial data and analysis to enable and drive decision making with a particular focus on pricing strategy, competitor analysis, business planning and customer modelling. Understanding linkages between non-financial data and P&L elements, the role will provide insightful analysis to the business to support decision making and commercial strategy deployment.Key Responsibilities:
- Support business executives in short- and long-term strategic plans based on key business objectives (analytically led).
- Contribute to new product business planning and objective setting via astute commercial analysis and related activities.
- Drive the delivery of key strategies and provide insights and analysis of business performance.
- Provide ongoing financial and performance analytics including profitability, KPI analysis and reporting.
- Provide evaluation of business cases and price setting proposals - proactively seeking out opportunities and identifying risks.
- Develop an economic and marketplace analysis platform, understanding competitor activities and market drivers.
- Continually assess operational effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Evaluate cost base and understand key drivers to deliver greater efficiency.
- Interrogate historical financial data to provide insights into customer behavior. which can be used to inform pricing and business decisions.
- Utilise analytical skills to make use to develop and enhance financial models.
- Building dashboards and reporting suites that enable tracking of daily, weekly, and monthly performance, and providing insights on the drivers of these trends.
- Translating data through analysis to identify trends, provide insights, and make recommendations on actions to take to improve.
- Support the business in constantly developing new methods of analysis and reporting on high stakes commercial data (data visualisation)
- Deliver fast turnaround Scenario models in a calm effective manner, supporting business decisions required at short notice.
- Ability to multitask in an extremely fast paced, complex environment going through significant change.
- Experience in a senior commercial role, with experience covering; commercial strategy setting, sales / financial forecasting, price optimisation or revenue modelling.
- Experience of evaluating business cases to ensure new initiatives, supplies and product launches will optimise gross margin.
- Previous experience providing finance based commercial insight to stakeholder at all levels of organisation hierarchy.
- Successful evaluation of business cases and investments ensuring financial viability
- Experience in delivering or overseeing the monthly reporting and quarterly business planning/forecasting processes.
- Strong analytical capabilities, with experience using leading business intelligence tools (i.e. Excel/VBA/Power BI), SQL).
- Experience of financial modelling - highly advantageous.
- 1st Class or 2:1 degree in a numerical based subject, ideally with an academic background in Statistics or Econometrics.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical concepts and techniques.
In return the role offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including bonus, pension, healthcare, company discounts, training / development bursary, and agile based working environment.
**The position will be fully remote for next 3-6 months with periodic return to Birmingham HQ in Q4 2021 - continued blend of office & home working**