NarvarSales Engineer - EMEAwww.Narvar.comNarvar
is growing! We are hiring a Sales Engineer to engage with the sales team in the pre-sales process and propose the appropriate technical solutions to meet their needs. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for designing and architecting the Narvar solution to realize the customer's vision that is shared during the sales process. The Sales Engineer will then work with product managers, engineers and implementation consultants to validate that our offerings align to the unique needs of the client.
The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of technical skills, business acumen and a desire to support our customers. They will be acting as the lead technologist in the sales process and should have a broad understanding of eCommerce and common retail industry use cases. Ideally, the candidate will have domain expertise in Order Management Systems, eCommerce Platforms or other similar database solutions. The candidate should also be a subject matter expert for solution needs specific to the EMEA market. In addition, the Sales Engineer will have direct, ongoing conversations with Narvar's product experts, engineers and design leaders to influence the future product roadmap at our hyper-growth SaaS company. Our clients include the most iconic retail brands in the world and they expect the highest level of professionalism, expertise and value.Day-to-day
What we're looking for
- Design solutions and experiences that meet the client's business and technical needs. Participate in various stages of the pre-sales process to understand business and technical objectives. Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and write technical requirements documents
- Work with services sales and delivery teams to scope the service engagements into estimates for work. Develop the technical vision, strategy and roadmap deliverables that enable a staged rollout when appropriate
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
- Monitor industry trends, client news, and experience innovations to add measurable value to client engagements
- Maintain proficiency in Narvar service offerings, value propositions and case studies. Ensure that proposals are technically sound, deliverable and representative of Narvar capabilities
- Be an expert in integrations with Shipping Carriers, Order Management Systems and eCommerce solutions. Be an expert in specific business requirements in the EMEA region.
- Conduct security reviews with client IT/security teams to address relevant concerns
- Assist with completion of RFPs and Vendor Assessments requested by prospects and existing customers
- Contribute to the scalability of the Services team with documentation, process optimization and cross-training
- Gather insightful product feedback from customers to help inform Narvar's future product roadmap
- 5+ years of experience in a technical capacity in either SaaS, eCommerce or enterprise software solutions
- Minimum 3 years' experience in customer-facing enterprise level software implementation, technical architect, technology consulting or systems integration roles
- Experience with web services standards including HTTP, REST, SOAP & OAuth. HTML & CSS is strongly valued.
- Experience with one of the following domains is a plus: E-Commerce platforms, Order Management Systems, inventory management, WMS, TMS, Supply Chain, Logistics
- Ability to successfully deliver multiple projects simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Executive level interpersonal, project management, communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Client facing skills that radiate enthusiasm, high energy, poise, confidence and professionalism
- Demonstrates ability to listen carefully to truly understand client needs and concerns
- Ability to work with both technical and business stakeholders
- BA/BS required. Advanced Engineering degree is highly valued.
- German and French language is highly valued
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail's most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.