About GlobalData Plc
GlobalData is a leading market research and analysis firm serving an extensive list of blue-chip clients in the Consumer, Retail, Healthcare, Financial services and Technology industries on a global basis. We provide comprehensive, timely and accurate research reports and datasets to support cutting edge industry analysis and strategic planning.
With 4,500 clients, 25 offices across Asia Pacific, EMEA, Latin and North America and over 2,000 employees strategically located around the world, our mission is to build and maintain and unique desktop information services to help our clients decode the future to be more successful and innovative. GlobalData is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is valued today at £1.6bn. Summary of role
GlobalData has an opening for a high caliber individual to join a leading research company as a Data Analyst. Working with high profile market players, our company is considered the beverage industry's information specialist providing the industry with essential insight, research, reports and data.
This position is a varied and exciting role which spans numerous industries within the Team, from soft drinks, to all commercial beverages, to packaging and alcoholic beverages, with all reports differing in terms of focus and level of detail. We are looking for an Analyst who enjoys the technical side of number crunching and can analyze data and spot trends.Key responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be highly organized and comfortable with manipulating, analysing and managing large volumes of data and information, from a variety of internal and external sources. Key responsibilities include:
- Retrieving data as required from in-house databases and commissioned field research; reviewing data for accuracy, relevance, integrity and alignment.
- Liaising with our global network of country analysts to assist them in validating their data.
- Checking, processing and validating data submitted by country analysts and researchers, using in-house software and Excel to produce outputs that meet agreed deadlines and quality standards.
- Processing data through our databases and ensuring data publishes correctly and on time for our clients.
- Scrutinizing and reviewing data across our databases, keeping audit trails recording data revisions and carrying out data housekeeping as required.
- Investigating queries raised by clients on our databases and preparing clear and comprehensive client facing responses.
- A degree education (preferably in a mathematical discipline), or equivalent working experience.
- Prior experience of working with complex data sets.
- A high level of numeracy and excellent written and spoken English skills.
- A high level of MS Office skills (particularly Excel).
- Aptitude to learn new software quickly.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to interact well with both internal and external team members and our global analysts and researchers.