Remote + Cambridge/LondonReporting to
Senior DirectorRole type
Full time, permanentContact
As a recognizedpioneer and market leader in machine learning voice engineering, Speechmatics enables companies to buildapplications that detect and transcribe voice in any context in real-time. Its neural networks consider acoustics, languages,dialects, multiple speakers, punctuation, capitalization, context and implicit meanings. Check out our happy customers here.
Speechmatics is a rapidly growing, global company with offices in Cambridge, UK, Denver, USA, Chennai, India and Brno, Czech Republic. With ambitious growth plans comes great opportunities that are exciting and progressive. You will be working with some of the smartest minds in the industry, working on cutting-edge projects and deploying the latest techniques to disrupt the market.
If this is a mission you want to contribute to in a passionate way, then we want to hear from you.The Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Devops/QA Engineer to deploy, configure and maintain our cloud-based SaaS system and also perform different types of testing to qualify our product. You will participate in solving the challenges needed to deliver a rapidly growing product portfolio. In addition to helping deliver features, you will help drive the system architecture. There will also be opportunities to contribute towards defining and improving the best practices we employ to develop new features and products.
Because you will be joining a rapidly expanding team, you will need to be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on rapidly moving research developments into products. We strongly encourage versatility and knowledge transfer within and across teams, so we can share efficiently what needs to be done to meet our commitments to the rest of the company.
If you are a talented, detail-oriented engineer with a solid software development foundation and a commitment to deliver the best possible technology solutions, then we want to hear from you!Requirements
- Evangelizing as well as devising, implementing, and maintaining test processes and frameworks that meet the Agile teams' requirements.
- Owning, formalizing, and implementing our test automation capabilities.
- Formalizing and implementing change to improve our Continuous Integration testing.
- Producing robust component and system level automated tests.
- Maintaining and managing SaaS environments.
- 6-9 years for relevant QA and Devops Experience in product-based company.
- Good understanding of test plan and test strategy.
- Experience in writing test cases and test steps.
- Experience in working with Azure/AWS/GCP.
- Experience in working with Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm, Nginx.
- Knowledge on Networking basics.
- Experience in working with configuration management and orchestration tools like Terraform, Ansible.
- Experience in monitoring and alerting tools like Datadog, ELK stack, Prometheus, Opsgenie.
- Knowledge on version control tools like Gitlab.
- Experience in working with issue tracking/management tools like JIRA.
- Experience in automating tests and software deployment for a complex distributed system.
- Excellent Python skills.
- Experience in working with HTTP load generator tools.
- Proven track record of rapidly implementing and customizing off the shelf, preferably open source, automation frameworks to satisfy differing business needs.
- A strong appreciation of how to develop robust and long-lived automated tests quickly.
- Detailed practical understanding of build systems and continuous integration.
- Excellent Linux skills in a test/QA context.
- Automation within Azure.
- Automated testing of Web services in particular RESTful APIs.
- Automated testing of container-based applications.
- Unit testing experience.
- Knowledge on pytest framework.
- Continuous delivery experience.
- Comfortable collaborating with teams with very different technical skills, and non-technical teams.
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Team player.
- Problem solver.
- A good cultural fit.
- Ability to be agile.
- Take ownership of tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have a positive, go-getter attitude.
We have a salary band in mind for each role, however we are candidate-led, so we want to ensure we attract the very best talent and remain flexible. We also offer comprehensive benefits.Interview Process
The interview process for each role does vary, but usually, we would start off by asking you to complete a Further Information Form, so that we can be clear on your expectations from the start and get to know you a little better. Then we ask you to have a quick chat with the Hiring Manager to establish suitability and for you to ask us any questions before we progress the application by sending you role specific tests/tasks (if applicable). If this goes well, you will be asked to attend (either remotely or onsite if you are able) more technical interviews before we arrange a 'meet the team' session.
Please do let us know as soon as possible how we can best accommodate you and make any reasonable adjustments to facilitate the interview process and make the experience as comfortable as possible.Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is our priority. We are committed to providing an environment of acceptance where you are free to bring your full self to work. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, national origin, veteran status or pregnancy and maternity status.