Optimisation Analyst required to work alongside well known international clients to improve conversion rate and overall performance of clients applications.
- Leading the planning and implementation of optimisation projects across multiple clients
- Planning and scheduling project timelines and prioritising test hypotheses for impactful experimentation roadmaps
- Managing the workload of a small team of developers, and coordinating the wider optimisation squad across Insights and UX to ensure optimisation requirements are implemented correctly
- Being the technical voice in the room. Pinpointing business and technical requirements into user stories for SCRUM teams at the discovery stage, you are the linchpin between customer needs and technical options and possibilities. You have an advisory role and guide the customer towards an approach that best fits their needs
- Translating and guiding clients in finding the best solutions for their challenges
- Guaranteeing that our SCRUM team have a full, prioritised backlog
- Liaising with clients to update on project progress and ensure alignment of optimisation projects
Talented, enthusiastic, focused and professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work and open to new ways of working. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire optimisation ideas for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes to keep our clients happy and support innovative and impactful experimentation roadmaps. You have a strong eye for detail, a proactive can-do attitude and have developed skills around building plans and ensuring your team sticks to them.We need you to be really great at
If you know any of this even better
- At least 3+ years' digital experience
- Experience in leading and managing optimisation projects in an agile environment
- Proactive problem solving and an eye for detail - particularly in aligning requirements and deliverables
- Confidence working in a fast-paced environment - good time management and multitasking skills across multiple projects and accounts is key
- Tracking project timelines and delivery
- Managing client relationships
- Experience in Confluence or JIRA is preferable
- Experience using Optimisation platforms such as Google Optimize
- Accurate and clear reporting
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Experience of analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Optimizely, Adobe Test & Target, Exponea or VWO experience
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.