Policy Expert was Founded in 2010, before 'InsurTech' was even a word, we set out to redefine what an insurer should be. By building our own tech and owning the process end to end, we've streamlined how people buy insurance.
We're built in the cloud, driven by excellence and data, with a no blame culture. An approachable team, with many years of expertise and knowledge in a wide range of domains.
Check us out here https //www.policyexpert.co.uk/
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Software Developer to join our team who share our passion for good software principles. SOLID, Ports & Adapters, Clean Code, TDD, and Domain Driven Design guide our delivery. We are focused on cloud based and distributed architectures, using Event Sourcing, Event Driven, and Restful APIs.Requirements
Skills we look for (but don't worry if you don't tick all of them)
- Java 8 or higher
- Clean code and understand principles of OO
- Created or worked on APIs using HTTP
- Distributed and/or microservice architectures
- Message architectures like AMQP, JMS, SNS, SQS
- DevOps philosophy. You write it, you parent it in the wild
- Desire to be agile, practical, pragmatic, and lean.
- Able to work in a team and as a individual contributor.
- Private medical cover with Vitality
- Hybrid working
- Training and education through LinkedIn learning and Plurasigh
- Travel season ticket loan
- Social events through the year
- Access to selected London O2 events and use of a Private Lounge.
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
Please be aware that we cannot offer sponsorship for this role.