IT Infrastructure Projects Engineer - Remote
We are looking for an experienced infrastructure project engineer to join a reputable Managed Service Provider. Tailor Made Technologies are an award winning and leading MSP, in the UK and Europe. Having recently expanded this is a great time to join a fast-paced company dedicated to providing our customers with the best possible services and solutions. You will be part of a supportive and forward-thinking company that embraces challenge, change and development.
Due to the expansion in our existing infrastructure project team and continued business growth, we have an exciting project engineer opportunity to come and join our team. Our engineers are proud of having their finger on the pulse of new and innovative products that we deploy to our customers. This role enables hands on technical infrastructure design and project delivery. Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required skills to be successful in the role:
- An infrastructure engineer who can work on secure and complex projects, assisting with the continuing development and support of multiple internal/cloud based infrastructures.
- You will work closely the project management team, account management team and technical consultants to successfully deliver projects to the customers bespoke requirements, which are delivered on time and budget.
- Creating procedural documentation for use by support staff.
Technical experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Strong core infrastructure skills and experience with Windows Server (ideally 2008 R2 up to 2019) are a must. You will be comfortable troubleshooting and fixing issues in both reference environments and on live systems. You will be comfortable documenting, testing, implementing and support all changes following an approved change control process.
- Take ownership of projects though the entire lifecycle ensuring deadlines are met.
- Managing risks and working with other teams to ensure they are understood and balanced against the business objectives.
- The project engineering team are dedicated to executing engineering projects throughout the UK; therefore, travel can be part of this role.
- Windows Server - 2008R2 - 2019
- Active Directory/GPO
- VMware ESXi 6.0-7.0 including vCentre
- Citrix - XenApp 7.15LTSR and above and NetScalers
- Microsoft Azure
- Networking - Cisco and HPE Aruba
- SANs - Ideally NetApp
- WiFi - Meraki and Unifi
- Backups - Veeam, MSP Backup and Datto
- Security - AV, MFA, NPS, Password polices and GPO lockdown.