We are looking for a modern, interested, interesting strategy director. 'Modern' means they know a big idea when they see one and can understand how this idea can/should work at any point in the customer journey (and not by cutting up a TV ad). Key Responsibilities
- Must be trusted strategy partner to CCO (London), MD (in New York) creative teams and to Key Senior Clients (tbd) - CMO/CEO level
- Innate ability to understand, manage and drive the strategic agenda with Senior Clients
- Must understand retail/distributions ecosystems in key markets and be adept at applying Brand Strategy appropriately to instore materials/on pack promotions etc.
- Should understand key differences and similarities in major markets and be able to use these to construct creative strategies for global/key market use.
- Must be able to write and deliver inspiring strategies and creative briefs.
- Creatively driven, and by this we mean, someone who will champion extraordinary, effective ideas which could live anywhere across the consumer/customer journey.
- Should have a view on/input into Annual/mid/longer term planning and identifying key societal and cultural opportunities for the brand.
- Must have experience in a Global Role, preferably in FMCG, developing strategies, creative platforms and campaigns for multiple markets and in bringing strategies to life creatively.
- Probably experienced in planning on multiple brands in a portfolio.
- Be able to get under the skin of relevant cultural trends and use these in relation to developing work. Integrated/media neutral start point essential.
- Should be adept at listening to and addressing feedback from multiple stakeholders and nurture relationships with local teams as well as central/global team.
- Brilliant presence, presentation skills and persuasive storytelling 'in the room'. (pitch, selling strategy, creative presentation) essential.
- Must always keep the business challenge front and centre and be determined to prove the efficacy of the work, using all available sources of information.
- Must be adept at managing process and outcomes of all forms of qualitative and quantative research throughout the cycle of communications development.
About dentsu international
- One who gets stuck in and pushes way too far into the creative process. They should want to see treatments and storyboards (if that's what they are working on).
- Someone who takes ideas and inspiration from everywhere and feeds it into the creative development process until the teams are begging them to stop.
- Someone who likes and appreciates the creative department but isn't scared of them and wants to fuel their creativity whenever possible.
- You will actively enjoy trying to inspire and invigorate creative teams to get to great work.
Part of dentsu, dentsu international headquartered in London operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 48,000 dedicated specialists. We help clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative. www.dentsu.comWorking with us
Joining dentsu international, you'll join a team of 48,000 people. It'sanopportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you'll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences and opportunities to shape your future.Inclusion and Diversity
We're proud to be different and that starts with our people. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won't define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. That's what we care about. So, whether you're joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create equal opportunities for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles - we can't promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly. If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.