To win in today's data-driven world, organisations can't rely solely on data from their internal systems to drive business decisions. Organisations must also leverage external data sources - alternative datasets - that can tell them where they should be going.
The web is the world's biggest repository of data and is a source of tremendous potential for data-driven insights.
Import.io was founded because this need for web data was critical for businesses to function effectively. Yet accurate performance data and competitor information was getting increasingly difficult to acquire.
Since 2012, Import.io has been building a platform to do just that. Starting from a simple web data extractor to serve the SMB market it has evolved into a market-leading enterprise solution and managed service delivering all the data a company needs to compete.
Import.io's web data integration (WDI) platform allows people to convert unstructured web data into a structured format by extracting, preparing and integrating web data for consumption in analytic platforms or for use in business, sales or marketing applications.
We want you to build an enterprise quality service without damaging our startup culture, passion, open collaboration and flexibility. We have an outstanding data collection technology which is proven in the marketplace with enterprise customers. Our issue is not winning business, but running a 24x7 enterprise level quality service, staying flexible and scaling rapidly for the world's most demanding companies.
The role is responsible for managing all of the Engineering team and reports directly to the COO. The CTO is the founder who wants to work independent of the Engineering team and focus on innovation, bleeding edge technologies and new services. You will know you are being successful in the role through first order metrics, such as core system uptime, % feeds delivered on time, % completeness of date, delivery of new capabilities, employee satisfaction, etc. and second order metrics, such as customer satisfaction via NPS, and customer churn rates.Requirements
- Start-up experience x2 or more (able to deal with ups/downs, stress, ambiguity, pace of delivery and change)
- Experience managing and developing a distributed and mostly remote engineering team (we have engineers in US, UK, Russia, Ukraine, India)
- Scale up from $multimillion > $tens/hundred million (been there done it before so understand pitfalls and what good looks like)
- High performance & scale systems (measure events in billions)
- High resilience/reliability systems 24x7, 99+% uptime
- Hands on role - need to be able to help / develop / build Engineering Management team and Senior Engineers
- Care about successful daily delivery of quality to Enterprise customers
- Energy and Passion to get teams delivering at very high rates and quality, but using kind/positive collaborative style
- Discipline to be able to plan, organise and anticipate keeping key deliverables on track, while being flexible to deal with new mega customers and opportunities
- Strong understanding of AWS and its pros/cons, risks, issues and limitations