PACKAGING PROCUREMENT - MULTIPLE ROLES - PAPER - LONDON/ REMOTE - £65,000 - £75,000 + £5,000 CAR ALLOWANCE + BONUS
I've partnered with a retail powerhouse to recruit two roles within their strategic programme set up to transform the future of the food group. With over 130 years' experience within the industry, they focus on delivering top quality food, clothing, home products and financial services to over 32 million customers.
The packaging procurement professional will be working as part of a central programme team that is tasked with transforming the way we operate across 4 strategic workstreams: manufacturing excellence, packaging sourcing, raw materials procurement and OPEX reduction. The scope of the programme covers the entire food group so you will gain crucial experience of all industries whilst building a network across the group. As part of this new programme, they are setting up a brand-new Buying function for packaging, focusing on owning relationships with packaging suppliers and procuring food packaging direct for utilisation.
You will be the subject matter expert, tasked with delivering sustainable, innovative packaging solutions whilst maximising value throughout the supply chain, as well as sourcing paper packaging across the food group.PACKAGING PROCUREMENT KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:Category Management:
Food Group Support:
- Deliver lowering costs annual targets for paper-based packaging.
- Build and deliver a 3-year cross product category sourcing strategy.
- Build a risk management plan and ensure the commercial strategy is in line with the key values.
Buying & Supplier Management:
- Identify, sell and implement strategic cost savings through packaging procurement.
- Work closely with the manufacturing excellence function to maximise end to end benefit.
- Support and lead existing and NPD projects to mitigate ad eliminate potential cost increases.
PACKAGING PROCUREMENT KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strategic sourcing of paper-based substrates across food group
- Negotiate contracts and commercial agreements with packaging suppliers.
- Build and implement packaging cost models with strategic packaging suppliers.
- Minimum 3-5 years' food packaging buying experience within paper-based products (cardboard, corrugated, fibre, labels)
- Experience within any consumer goods related industry will be beneficial
- Proven track record delivering cost savings
This is a fantastic opportunity for a papers SME to step into a newly created role within a newly created function. You will be the 'go-to' across the business for all paper packaging related queries and must have a strong background buying this category previously.
Please note that we are currently experiencing a large volume of applications, so if you don't hear from us within 2 weeks, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However we want to help as many people as possible who come into contact with Pod so please check out our online library, which is packed full of useful information and guides on things like CV writing, preparing for interviews and using linkedin for your job search - https://www.pod-talent.com/blog/tag/advice-guidance