Universe plc (Universe) is an innovative British financial technology company and is on a mission to revolutionise the way business is conducted in its chosen business segments. The business of is a leading provider of point of sale, payment and loyalty solutions in the retail and forecourt markets. Universe provides a range of products and solutions to its customers which help them to increase profits through increasing basket size, customer loyalty and footfall; serving customers more efficiently and cost-effectively. It currently designs, builds, installs and supports systems in 5,700 retail sites - processing over 15 billion transactions each year through its data centres.
Htec Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Universe Group Plc
The successful candidate will:
- Optimise and improve the system build and imaging processes for customer systems.
- Working with the security team to maintain system hardening standards (CIS)
- Maintaining anti-virus and anti-malware configuration
- Testing software patches in line with regression test scripts.
- Maintain the security patching process for OS system images, ensuring systems receive the appropriate updates on time and with minimal system impact.
- Deploying and managing application deployment into system images
- Ensuring best practices and policies are adhered to including system peer reviews.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure ongoing compliance and governance is maintained.
- Support third party vulnerability testing and audit of system builds.
- Working with the security council and raising security incidents relating to system builds
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role, you'll need:
- Desktop, EPOS build and configuration experience.
- Experience of deployment tools, Ghost, Windows MDT, WDS etc.
· Product Activation Techniques (MAK/KMS)
- Proven experience of creating and deploying custom OS images.
- Windows 7, Windows 10 build and MS troubleshooting experience
- Intermediate network skills
- Technical Knowledge of Intel based hardware systems.
- Experience of working in a pressurised, deadline orientated environment.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Commercial experience in basic IT infrastructure
Additional skills preferred
- Scripting (PowerShell/Python)
- Knowledge of Node Red/Docker
- Understanding of windows licencing models.
- Windows or InfoSec industry Certifications
You should apply if:
- You care deeply about by applying technology and processes to deliver smarter solutions
- You are a reliable and structured professional and excel in a flat team structure where trust and integrity is the key foundation for everything, we do
- You are comfortable using a direct language and speaking in a straightforward yet respectful manner to save peoples´ time and simplify everyone´s workday.
- You love rolling up your sleeves to get it done
- What we're doing at Universe excites you!
· Universe are in the simplicity business and they are building a team, who look at the world a little differently. People that look at the needlessly complicated and say 'that's nuts'. Folks that are bold enough to challenge convention. And brilliant enough to actually change it.
What's in it for you?
- The chance to make a real impact in a business intent on changing the face of the retail sector (and thus the end customer experience)
- A flat and collaborative team structure fuelled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself
- A unique opportunity to carve out your own dream job by simply making things happen at a pivotal time when the company´s future is being shaped. We look for the brightest and smartest who tell us what to do
- Competitive salary
- More exciting benefits you will hear about when we talk