We are looking for an engineering manager who is motivated to guide, support and coach our engineers to make decisions within our teams. Thanks to your technical experience, you will help engineering teams learn new skills and choose the right tools and technologies to solve their product challenges.
You will be joining MyBuilder's Product, Technology and User Experience teams in helping to solve the problem of homeowners finding great tradespeople and helping builders find work.What You'll Be Doing
Who You Are
- Form, manage and grow high-performing inclusive teams
- Create growth plans for engineers and coach them to further develop technical and people skills
- Bring context and data to teams to help them understand the direction the company is taking
- Contribute to our technology strategy and help engineers make decisions in line with it
- Communicate about your teams' learnings and achievements to the rest of the organisation
- Lead technical projects in collaboration with product development
Software development at MyBuilder
- You must have worked for a number of years building complex software systems including taking ownership of large projects from idea to completion and then maintaining and growing the system.
- You will understand that automated testing and paying down technical debt are important to the success of building complex software systems.
- You should have a good understanding of modern programming practices and techniques.
- You will have directly managed engineers, helping them to grow and learn.
- Despite having years of experience you will understand you have a lot to learn.
Our focus is to produce high quality, working and tested code which not only keeps us happy and productive but also helps the business to succeed.
We practice clean code and have been using DDD for many years and have a number of systems built using CQRS + Event sourcing.
We keep a close eye on quality by testing and deploying everything in an automated way through our CI/CD pipelines, powered by Github actions & Code Build allowing us to deploy whenever we want.Our main technology stack
- Symfony 4/5 on PHP 7.4/8
- PostgreSQL & DynamoDB
- AWS hosted with PHP running in lambda
We have open-sourced a number of our tools and happily contribute back to projects we use.About MyBuilder
There are plenty of tradespeople out there, but finding a good one is like looking for a needle in a haystack. At MyBuilder, we take the hassle out of finding the right tradesperson with our unique matchmaking system.
If you think life is any easier for builders looking for work, think again. Finding clients can seem like an impossible task and traditional advertising and directories almost never work. The trades need to focus on doing great work for their customers, without having to worry about where the next job will come from. MyBuilder's feedback system means that today's client helps MyBuilder tradespeople win tomorrow's work.
MyBuilder is a market leader in the UK and is part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK with sister companies operating across Europe.Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served
- Flexible working with a mix of time working from home and time in the office