Front End Developers required to join our newly reformed engineering department to work on some of the worlds largest, high scale eCommerce platforms and online customer journeys.Key Responsibilities
- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS /JS for eCommerce websites
- Build modular layouts, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Forward thinking, focused on performance initiatives and driven to implement headless solutions
- Contributing to the team's focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to Wunderman Thompson Commerce coding standards
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel! You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!The techy bit....we need
If you know some of this even better!
- Solid understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS (we like SASS)
- Good understanding of Rest APIs
- Commercial experience working on SPA solutions, ideally within e-commerce
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Experience of using Git version control in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills
- Excellent communication skills and capability to interact directly with the customer (show and tells/requirement analysis sessions/retrospectives etc)
- Experience of graphics packages, primarily Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
- Experience using Unit Testing Frameworks such as Jest, enzyme and react-test-library
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Experience in building rapid prototypes
- Solid information, interaction, and visual design skills
- Experience creating site architecture diagrams, wireframes, process flows
- Experience in building design systems/Atomic Design methodology
- Commercial experience of TypeScript
- Experience of implementing TDD/BDD methodology
- Good understanding of SEO principles including web analytics
- Commercial Ecommerce platform experience - Magento/Hybris/IBM WebSphere/Shopify
- Experience in contributing to the architecture of SPA ecommerce solutions
- Experience of working on Java projects would be extremely advantageous
- Experience with Commercial Content Management Platform such as AEM
- Experience of mentoring junior members of the team
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.