We're looking for someone with excellent sound design skills who can bring our interactive games alive with engaging and meaningful audio. You'll have at least three years experience in a mobile gaming or AAA development environment and be able to attend to all aspects of the audio development process. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games and educational games in particular.
Our mission is to make it easy for teachers to create interactive games and worksheets for their students. Our site automates the process of resource design, so teachers can simply enter the content that is appropriate for their class - a list of keywords, definitions, questions or images. Wordwall produces the content in over 60 different templates; for example, gameshow quizzes, crosswords, labelled diagrams and arcade games. It seeks to disrupt the publisher-driven model of paid-for "professionally" made educational content by putting high-quality content creation in the hands of teachers and making that teacher-made content freely accessible through our online community.
We are a small team with big ambitions who work remotely across the world. Our 30 million monthly users are rapidly proliferating. We've got a product that works and we're building for the long-term. We want people who want to stick around, grow with us and help make games-based learning accessible to all.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We support flexible working arrangements - full or part time. Real applicants only - please do not contact us if you represent an agency.Requirements
You will have
- enthusiasm and experience in audio development for games
- knowledge of gameplay and platforms you can imagine the game, have a sense of timing, understand how audio can improve gameplay and aid user understanding
- competence in the technical aspects of sound development
- creativity and attention to detail
- a cross-cultural knowledge of sounds and their meanings
- an absolute passion for education and gaming for children
- an ability to self-organise and motivate when working remotely
- collect, record, edit, and create sound effects, ambient effects, and loop music for our games and interactive templates
- be able to diagnose and troubleshoot audio problems
- work collaboratively with the company's developers, designers, and user support staff to effectively communicate and express artistic vision and to provide clear directions
- integrate user feedback and analytics to make evidence-based decisions
£30-35k per year
30 days holiday per year
100% remote & flexible work