About the Role
The Product Manager (ERP) owns the go to market ("GTM") process for the ERP products which means planning and coordinating the readiness of all relevant areas of the business in respect of these product lines. Their responsibility is to ensure the products and services that make up the ERP line of business are commercially viable, taken to market and maintained effectively and efficiently. The headline products in the ERP line of business are SAP Business One, SAP Business ByDesign, Codescan (Codestone IP) & SAP Concur but also includes horizontal and vertical add-on's from ISV's together with the value-added services that are sold to design, implement, manage, and maintain these software solutions.
Reporting to the Products Director and working in close cooperation with other board members and department heads, you will be responsible for the effective GTM of the ERP products with time to market, customer experience, quality of service delivery and economic performance at the heart of the success criteria.
The role is office based with occasional travel envisaged to customer and supplier sites. It may require out of hours working both on a pre-arranged and ad-hoc basis.
Duties and responsibilities;
- New ERP product introductions
- Identify and create business cases for new products and services that fall under the Applications line of business.
- Plan and execute the introduction of new products ensuring all departments affected are prepared for the introduction, including (but not exclusively):
- Project Management
- Internal Systems
2. Existing ERP products
- Maintain supplier partnership statuses and relationships
- Manage the introduction of changes to supplier products and programs through the departments of the business as above.
- Monitor the revenue and EBITDA performance of existing products
- In collaboration with other departments in the business drive improvements to existing product sales and delivery.
- Assist with escalations to suppliers where required.
- Manage the retirement of products that are no longer effective or available.
- Help facilitate the resolution of any problems that occur with products in other departments.
3. In-house Product IP (Codescan)
- Identify product defects and manage them through to fix with the development manager.
- Identify product improvements and work with the development manager to integrate them into the products roadmaps and release cycles.
4. To visit, on occasion, customer and supplier sites or conferences/exhibitions in support of new or existing products.
5. To maintain own records in the company's systems such as project time booking and incidents.
6. To design, create and/or implement other systems and procedures as may be necessary for the general running of the company, generally with a focus on product management.
7. Share experience and knowledge with other members of the company.
8. Keep abreast of trends, techniques and technology as related to the products relevant to Codestone and implement these where appropriate and within budget.
9. Make recommendations and advise on technologies and techniques that will improve the delivery of future customer projects.About You Essential skills:
- A high-level blend of both commercial and technical appreciation of ERP
- Managing ERP or similar business software products in a reseller business
- Working closely with commercial teams (sales/marketing/board)
- Working closely with service delivery teams (consultancy/support/software development)
- A strong understanding of software architecture and software ecosystems
- Excellent commercial awareness with a focus on the profitability and ROI of products and services
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and hold to account management teams and board members along with their team members
- A broad knowledge of the ERP / Business Software market in the UK
- Upkeep of product management systems / resource portals
Qualifications and Certifications
- Experience of SAP Business One or SAP Business Design in a commercial and/or technical capacity
- Experience of project management in multi-functional environments
- Experience working with an in-house software development team to improve and iterate software products.
Minimum GCSE or equivalent Maths and English - grade C or aboveRemuneration package
Salary: Up to £50,000 pa depending on experience (OTE £70,000 per annum)
• Discount Shopping Scheme
• Free car parking
• Casual dress code
• Cycle to work scheme
• Flexible working policyLocation:
Poole office, but flexible working policy in place