Principal Data Scientist
£80,000 - £90,000
This is an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Data Scientist to work for a successful, global Mobile App company!
This tech-driven mobile app are a well-established global business who have invested heavily in their Data function over the recent years. They have a large Data Science team and they are now looking for a Lead Data Scientist to not only join but lead one of their business areas. The successful candidate will be managing a team of 2 with the budget to grow the team further, and they must be happy to continue getting involved in the technical work with the overall aim of improving the customer experience on the app!
As a Lead Data Scientist for the business you will:
- Manage the Data Science team for this business area, grow the team further and upskill any junior members
- Own the Data Science roadmap, defining the strategy and correct resource allocation
- Analyse customer data and marketing data, building machine learning models to improve the customer experience
- Lead experimentation for the team, running and analysing AB tests using Python
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to understand their business needs, turn them into technical requirements for the team and ensure projects are completed accurately
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- PHD or Master's in a numerical or relevant field is preferred
- Proven experience working in a customer focused environment, ideally for an App
- An excellent understanding of and experience with machine learning techniques
- Experimentation experience is essential
- Team management experience essential
- Tech: Python, SQL
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Basic salary £80,000 - £90,000
- Benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest for this role by sending your CV to Rosie O'Callaghan via the apply link on this page
Please note that our client is currently running a fully remote interview process, and is able to on-board and hire remotely as well. This role is intended to be home working for the duration of the pandemic.