- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS /JS for a greenfield Magento 2 eCommerce website
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Contributing to the team's focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to Wunderman Thompson Commerce coding standards including those of Accessibility
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!We need you to be really great at
- Mastery of hand-coded XHTML and CSS, adhering to W3C coding standards. Table-free layouts; semantic mark-up; standards enthusiast.
- Magento 2 experience is essential
- PHP experience is essential for this role
- Experience using Magento's Page builder
If you know any of this even better
- Commercial knowledge of JS Frameworks such as React and/or Angular, advantageous
- Bootstrap Responsive Design experience is essential
- SASS and/or LESS is essential
- GIT Version Control
- Experience of working within an Agile working environment
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good understanding/awareness of Usability, Accessibility
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Solid information, interaction, and visual design skills
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects and timelines.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Experience creating site architecture diagrams, UX wireframes, process flows.
- Experience designing for dynamic and template-driven sites.
- Creative, yet meticulous.
- Experience of industry standard vector & bitmap graphics packages.
- Experience of working with CMS platforms such as AEM or Sitecore
- Experience of working on Java projects would be extremely advantageous
- Experience with Grunt/Bower
- TDD/BDD methodologies using Unit Testing frameworks (eg Jasmine/Karma)
- Commercial experience of SPA and/or PWA applications
- Working with Pattern Libraries & CSS frameworks
- Knockout.JS experience highly desirable
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.
Want to find out more about us? www.wundermanthompsoncommerce.com
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.