Product Owner ideally with a background in Business Analysis required to join our eCommerce team. You will be working as part of an integrated client/ Wunderman Thompson Commerce team in a highly interactive environment with some work on the client site (when we can!)
You will be a key part of the team and expected to take the initiative in ensuring the business needs and customer goals of our client are fully understood and met by the proposed solution.Responsibilities Include
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Own and manage product relationship with stakeholders
- Accountable for relevant parts of the digital proposition
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Present proposals to stakeholders
- Analyse business systems in order to recommend efficiencies
- Provide estimates for future work
- Work closely with developers and a variety of end-users to ensure any technical solution delivers customer satisfaction
- Instrumental in overall quality and acceptance of new functionality into the business
- Provide analysis support to developers and the test teams
- Plan and work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Keep up to date with technical as well as industry sector advances
- Maintaining consistently high levels of customer satisfaction and effectively escalating business-critical situations to as required
- Managing high profile customer situations and relationships and client expectations internally and externally
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!We need you to be really great at
If you have any of this even better
- Extensive senior business analysis experience
- Experience of analysis and design of business systems (package integration and bespoke development)
- Domain knowledge of eCommerce and / or D2C
- Production of detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
- A strong understanding of Agile Methodologies, Product Management and large-scale Delivery Management - practical experience of which is required
- Experience of business process engineering
- Ability to work on own initiative to an agreed action plan
- Great communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience of writing accurate and concise reports
- Strong problem solving, time management and organisational skills
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Energetic, enthusiastic with strong attention to detail
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Certified Scrum Master
- Scrum methodology
- Accessibility guidelines
- Website usability
- Enterprise Architecture
- The project lifecycle and project development methodologies
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Bosch, DFS, Johnson & Johnson, MAC, Nestlé, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Shell, Specialized, Tempur and Tiffany & Co.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.