Common Surface is building the operating system for the new office normal. While companies globally try to adapt to hybrid working CS relieves the administrative burden and helps to unlock all the potential benefits.
We serve some of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups such as Multiverse, Cuvva, Adzuna and Billion Dollar Boy and the number of users is growing rapidly.
During June we are completing a Seed round having previously been backed by the CEOs of our users and some of the UK's most established angel investors.
We believe that the future of work is hybrid and that people should do the things best done in-person, in-person and the things best done remotely, remotely.
Common Surface is an ambitious, exciting and rapidly scaling business gaining real traction from both clients and the investment community.
We are ambitious and are on target to roll out our product to 200+ companies by the end of the year in multiple geographies.Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Lead who is willing and able to learn quickly and on the go. You'll be working across lots of different functions of marketing and you'll need to be able to turn your brain to multiple tasks.
You will design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies that align with our business goals. Our ideal candidate has experience managing a variety of promotional projects end-to-end, including paid advertising campaigns and digital marketing techniques. You will report directly to the CEO, will work alongside the Sales Lead and will oversee and help to build the Marketing team. You will have demonstrable experience scaling a tech first start-up to a household name through growing an active and loyal community as well as working on the inbound strategy alongside the sales team.
- Within the workplace, everyone is treated equally. Your voice would be appreciated, and your input will always be welcomed on company decisions, so we want people who speak their mind.
- We all work collaboratively, so we are looking for team players, who are comfortable working in large groups.
- We want everyone to be their best possible self and try to create an inclusive environment where everyone can develop and advance alongside Common Surface.
- We celebrate each other's successes, and we regularly organise company-wide social events so that we have a chance to let our hair down and take a break from work.
- We think that the well-being of our employees is integral to our success and strive to provide the best possible environment for everyone, and cater to the needs of our employees.
- We are an ambitious company, and we want people who match our aims.
Common Surface is an equal opportunity employer. We are determined that no candidate receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status or political affiliation.Requirements
The Marketing Lead will have
- 6+ years in a Marketing role (preferably in a SaaS environment)
- Ability to clearly sell the business value of a product
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Personable and outgoing, with a sense of fun
- A generalist, excited by the prospect of helping pioneer an ambitious fast-scaling business
- Proven success building and managing teams across various marketing channels
- LinkedIn and Google ad experience
- Demonstrated success in building out digital marketing / CRM ecosystems, including data flow strategy, analytics, event tracking and reporting
- Thorough understanding of multiple marketing channels and experience successfully managing multiple work streams concurrently
- Proven track record of building a marketing function to achieve commercial scale
- Hands-on experience using tools to improve user optimisation and conversion preferably
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join a start-up organisation going through a huge transformation at present. The Marketing Lead will play a pivotal role in the success of this business long termResponsibilities
The Marketing Lead will be responsible for
- Develop a long term strategy while communicating and calendaring in a way that empowers other teams and lends visibility into the brand operations and strategy
- Values and purpose-working across all of our touchpoints to ensure we reinforce the values which drive the business.
- Press-building Common Surface profile across digital influencer coverage by identifying and pitching newsworthy stories in line with our values.
- Social strategy and execution-ensuring that our social tone of voice and aesthetic is consistent and positive.
- Building a highly efficient team of paid and brand marketing professionals.
- Utilising the full mix of digital channels and data analytics.
- Develop a Marketing Strategy on Hubspot
- Ownership of conversion and retention strategies to increase user activity
- Strategic B2B activity
- Working with the senior leadership team to deliver revenue targets and building commercial strategy
- Highly intelligent, ambitious and proactive digital native. You must feel totally comfortable and up to date with social channels and online content hubs
- Confident, self-starting and solution-oriented. You'll have a seat at the table and you'll need to be confident enough to propose new ideas, execute tasks and shout when you need help. If there is a problem that needs to be solved we want people to come up with ways to overcome this
This is an opportunity for the Marketing Lead who has previously worked at a B2B tech start-up; delivered significant growth and knows what to expect from a challenge like this.Benefits
- £60,000-70,000 based on experience
- Work with Founders and other members of early leadership team
- Options Scheme
- Hoxton WeWork Office
- Hybrid Working (Minimum 3 days in office/week)
- Regular social activities
- 25 days holiday/annum (+Bank holidays) + your birthday
- "Grow with the business" career opportunities