Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 19 branch offices across Europe including UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy with more than 600 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.OFFICE PRESENTATION
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Energy, Transport, Life Sciences and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients' projects.YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Structural Designer. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be to provide structural support to the Lead Piping Engineer. YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
- Provide structural analysis by using GT STRUDL (INTERGRAPH), according to AISC 690 - 2012 or ASME Section III, NF - 2013 for nuclear class supports and AISC 360 - 2010 for Non - nuclear class.
- Issue technical reports including maximum stresses and code compliance summaries, displacements and deflections at critical points, structural stiffnesses, loads transmitted to building interfaces, weld qualification and print out of the model with the colour scales representing stresses and deflection.
- Review piping isometric drawings and associated spooling, with supports locations and supports detailed drawings as required for construction work packages preparation, using tools such as AVEVA PDMS 3 Models.
- Produce structural evaluations comprehensive of linear and non-linear buckling analysis.
- Coordinate and manage the real-time resolution of "Requests For Information" and Non-Conformities raised during the installations of piping systems by providing technical solutions.
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
- Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with (business)
- Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates (recruitment)
- Building your own team of consultants (management)
- Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants & developing training programmes / graduate schemes / exercises for interns (mentoring)
Up to 3 years work experience in process or power plant design and fully conversant with the UK statutory regulations and industry design guides and standards relating to this discipline.
Up to date knowledge of 2D-3D CAD software (GT STRUDL / PDMS / CATIA).
Familiarity with Finite Element Method analysis software (ANSYS) is beneficial but not essential.ABOUT YOU
Degree qualified in Civil / Structural Engineering or relevant field.
If you recognise yourself, apply and join the adventure. We will support you to build your career. FORTIL UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.