Private Equity International, a leading publication covering global private equity news and analysis, focused exclusively on the LP/GP nexus, has an opening for an Editor in its London office.
This position would suit a dynamic journalist or editor ready to move into a role requiring fuller ownership of the content-creation process. Our editorial staff connect deeply with the markets they cover, delivering expert insight, analysis, and information not available elsewhere. It's not enough for our journalists to simply report what happens; they must be able to analyse how and why news matters for our discerning, high-level audience that comprises the world's most influential institutional investors, leading fund managers and service providers.
We are looking for an ambitious individual, seeking to advance their career in one of the most dynamic segments of global finance, by joining a growing, global media company, with offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, and Sydney.RequirementsResponsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the day-to-day management and curation of Private Equity International (PEI) magazine
- To manage the PEI magazine content flatplans, working closely with relevant colleagues including other members of the PEG editorial, production, design, marketing solutions and other teams, as needed:
- Set and manage, to sensibly staggered deadlines, the delivery schedules of the magazine.
- Be responsible for the conversion of digital content to print for inclusion in the magazine, and vice versa
- Attend the weekly PEG edit call and work with the Senior Editor and the editorial team to generate content for each issue's content
- Regularly contribute insight, commentaries, analysis, and feature ideas for PEI
- Actively contribute to the writing of PEI content when appropriate
- Commission and manage proprietary guest commentaries
- Attend industry meetings and events, and participate in PEI's own events, including moderating panels where appropriate
- Contribute to the promotion of PEI content on social media
- Assist and work with the Research & Analytics team in data collation and verification for various PEI-branded research-driven pieces, such as the PEI 300 ranking and the PEI Annual Awards
- Edit content filed by PEG team's global reporters, where needed
- Editorial experience in print publications, especially magazines
- Strong interest in current affairs and international business
- Demonstrable experience in journalism either as a reporter or an editor, ideally within the finance sector
- Proficiency with CMS such as WordPress, Dropbox
- Experience writing opinion and commentary piece
- Multimedia experience producing podcasts and video
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to coordinate journalists, production team and design team to meet deadlines with as little stress as possible.
- Ability to research market trends and data and help shape potential feature/supplement themes
- Data savvy with the ability to turn complex survey results into accessible editorial content
- A high understanding of both print and digital journalism and the different approaches required
- An understanding of alternative assets and the private equity sector
- Fast learner and a passion for content
- Organised and approachable - we're looking for someone who's friendly and approachable with but who can still help whip the team into shape when it comes to deadlines and producing high quality content
- Collaborative approach - an ability to work effectively across multiple teams
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Able to remain focused in the face of multiple competing priorities and ensure key deadlines
- High degree of personal pride in own and company work, constantly striving to improve
- Ambitious to meet own personal and organisational goals
- Desire to be part of a dynamic business with high growth expectations
- Keen to stretch self and develop career at PEI
Full-time UK employees are entitled to 25 days of annual leave + the eight public holidays. PEI offers all permanent employees (ie, employees who have successfully passed their probation period), an option to flex their holidays up or down by three days to suit their needs. Please note, this is not about selling back unused allowance for the current year, but rather planning for the year aheadPension
PEI considers it is important to encourage people to save for their retirement. PEI partners with Standard Life to offer you a Company Pension scheme for which you will become eligible once you have successfully passed your probation period. The plan is co-funded by the Company (PEI contribution of equivalent of 4.5% of salary) and a contribution from you of 4.5%.Private Medical Insurance
Upon the successful completion of your probation period, you will be eligible to join the PEI Private Medical Insurance via BUPA. This is a free benefit to you, but it is taxable. More information will be available on the scheme details during employment.Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Upon the successful completion of your probation period, you will be eligible to benefit from other salary sacrifice schemes, such as a season ticket loan and a Cycle to Work schemeParental Leave
PEI offers a tenure-based enhanced parental leave policy for all UK based employees. More information on this scheme can be obtained from the HR team.Learning and Development Opportunities
PEI takes a bespoke approach to learning and development opportunities. We believe that everyone's needs are different but are very happy to review your ambitions and development areas with you on an individual basis. There are some schemes within PEI to help employees reach their full potential with a mixture of in-house, classroom and paid-for training. More information about which can be sourced from the HR team.