Do you have a proven track record of success in delivering complex projects? Are you looking for your next opportunity in monitoring infrastructure and capacity limits throughout our Derby site?
We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Data Centre Manager to play a key role within our Data Centre Operations team. If you are looking for your next varied role in managing the operation of one of our key data centre facilities and the team on site, then please apply!What you'll be doing?
What you'll bring?
- Managing and developing the team, providing both technical and leadership expertise while ensuring the highest standards of performance.
- Managing correct levels of shift cover, on call cover and security cover. Being the sites first point of escalation.
- Assisting and managing relationships with other Node4 departments, customers and 3rd party suppliers.
- Ongoing assessment and continuous improvement of all our processes and procedures.
- Creating and maintaining metrics on all aspects of our data centre and utilising those metrics to drive positive changes.
- To maintain a secure, compliant, safe and effective operation within the data centre for the team, colleagues and customers.
- Overseeing all work within the Data Centre, confirming infrastructure service schedules and records are maintained correctly, while ensuring daily checks are completed and any problems escalated correctly to ensure 100% up time is always maintained.
- Making sure all areas of important infrastructure are monitored real time through our BMS with correct thresholds and eliminating false or unimportant alerts
- Managing any customer escalations promptly and correctly while keeping key stakeholders informed.
- To ensure all orders are delivered correctly and without delay.
- Adhering to process, policies and best practice to ensure safe and secure operations throughout the site and team. Strong health and safety focus.
- Leading by example to create a positive proactive working environment.
Working at Node4!
- High degree of organisation and detail-orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical team and/or product
- Ability to consistently deliver results despite competing priorities and distraction
- Experience of operation of UPS, Standby Power and Critical Environment Cooling would be an advantage
- BMS Controls Experience / HVAC Experience
Recognised as one of the UK's 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers - and one another.