We've recently joined Epic Games and we think that's super awesome! And kinda epic too! These are very exciting times to be joining the company, as this recent development will enable us to propel the kidtech sector to new heights. Join us and help shape the path we take from now on!
You'll join one of our product teams taking care of one of our products, these include AwesomeAds, PopJam, and KWS, as well as our internal teams.
You'll have the opportunity to get stuck into various product components, driving both innovation and performance on the technology front.
Quality is key for us, so you will ensure all product components are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production), deliver products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning and iterating frequently. In the spirit of Continuous Improvement, we're always looking at quality and tech improvements to improve Lead Time, Mean Time to Resolve, Failure Rate and Deployment Frequency. You will always find somebody working at improving these metrics and you will be one of these people.
We're a collaborative team so you'll work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories.
Here's what a typical day as a Full Stack Engineer looks like
- You'll work across the full stack, and this means back-end, front-end as well as testing and cloud infrastructure
- You'll work with your team to design and implement features and services for the product you own
- Commit to high-speed iterations, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes
- Provide production support, system diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Ensure long-term quality, scalability and maintainability of our systems
- Support and be a critical part of our dev-ops culture, including participation in our out-of-hours on-call rota
Our stack is entirely cloud native, and it includes technologies such as AWS, Terraform, Docker / Kubernetes, Helm, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Druid, Redis, ELK, Datadog, Pagerduty, Node.js, Typescript, PythonRequirements
We wholeheartedly believe a good engineer can pick up any new technology in a reasonable amount of time and you'll be given training and help during your onboarding to become fully proficient with our stack. What we expect you to already have is good will as well as a deep understanding of full-stack software development life cycle, devops methodologies, testing, and tooling.
We'll ask you about your previous experiences building large and complex high throughput web systems, and we'll hear the stories you'll be willing to share about microservices, event-driven architectures, databases, or any tech challenge you've enjoyed.
We'll want to know how you went about improving the quality, security, scalability, and observability of the products you worked on, and what you would try to repeat that success once at SuperAwesome.
We're very happy about devops practices and culture, and we'll want to hear what aspect of them you prefer, and what worked well for you out of the box, or how you adapted them to your needs
In a nutshell, we're looking for a great engineer, and we'll do our best to identify the greatness you carry ❤️
Want to know more?
Check out our Head of Engineering's Blog and what he says about our team, writing kid-tech code and some pointers to gliding through our interview process.Requirements
We wholeheartedly believe a good engineer can pick up any new technology in a reasonable amount of time (for example you can use any language you're familiar with for completing the code test part of our process). In short, please apply if you are interested in working with our stack! As soon as you join you will have an on-boarding plan tailored to you, challenging and bringing you up to speed.About You As a Person
About Your Skills
- You think about things critically - we're the first to do what we do in this industry, so you'll come across new problems every day
- You'll fearlessly attack problems - we think the tools you know now are secondary to having the mindset to fix things, i.e. you're a problem solver and not just a builder
- You like working in a team - we have an agile development environment and get stuff done together in multi-disciplinary teams
- You're flexible and adaptable - we have multiple teams working on complementary but different products, so you'll thrive on variety
You are proficient in backend and frontend development, and you have experience developing large and complex web applications and building high throughput systems with microservices and/or event-driven architectures and both relational and non-relational databases.Want to know more?
Check out our Head of Engineering's Blog and what he says about our team and some pointers to gliding through our interview process.About SuperAwesome
SuperAwesome powers powers the kids' digital media ecosystem. Our platform is used by hundreds of companies to enable over twelve billion kid-safe digital transactions across advertising, community and parental consent every month. SuperAwesome has pioneered the kidtech sector, delivering engagement with the under-13 audience built around privacy and responsibility.Benefits
We're a rapidly growing start-up team with a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere. This is a genuine opportunity to learn and grow, through real ownership and responsibility.
We have a range of awesome perks and benefits
We offer an incredible range of perks and benefits. During the pandemic, we are working hard to provide an amazing array of virtual benefits to our team stationed at home, from team lunches delivered to your door, to virtual socials. As soon as it is safe to do so, we will return to offering the full range that we normally offer.
- Fully paid healthcare - provided through Vitality
- Monthly pizza Friday
- Wednesday catered breakfast
- Quarterly team lunches
- Friday drinks
- Office snack bar
- Pension scheme
- Holidays - 25+ bank holidays
- Expanded Maternity and Paternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Quarterly socials / yearly company event
- Product team hack days and charity events
- Health and wellbeing calendar