In March 2016, Quantexa was founded by a team with decades of experience in software, data and advanced analytics. We know the opportunity was big, every business with data at its core can benefit from what we're doing, so we can hit the ground hard, pioneering a contextual approach.
In five years, we've grown from a few desks huddled in the corner of a shared space to having over 300+ staff worldwide! Having just completed our Series C funding round, attracting more than $90m in investment, we are now in a scale up phase.
Our success is driven by the talent of our staff and our commitment to quality. We are looking for Software Engineers to join us in tackling some of the industry's most challenging problems.What You'll Be Doing
You'll be joining a team of technical experts who, through software engineering, develop, test and document a variety of re-usable collateral across the breadth and depth of the Quantexa technology stack.
The team is continuously working on new and innovative ways to help improve our platform, building new models and tooling to improve both the quality and efficiency of project delivery. As part of the role, you will also have a central role in defining best practice across the business, with the end goal of helping our Tier 1 clients solve business problems in the areas of lead Generation, Customer Insights, Fraud and financial crime.
Stakeholder engagement is an essential part of this role and you'll be working with our delivery teams, clients and partners to produce high quality solutions, in both cloud and on-premise environments. You will be given the autonomy to run projects throughout the entire life-cycle, from requirements gathering all the way to software release, taking ownership of building new models/tooling that the entire business will be using.
Being Agile is an integral part to our success and you'll be having daily stand-up's and fortnightly sprints to ensure collaboration and unity across the team.
We want our employees to use the latest and leading open source big-data technology possible. You will be using tools such as Spark, Hadoop, Scala, Kubernetes and Elasticsearch, with our platform being hosted on Google cloud (GCP). Our primary language is Scala, but don't worry If that's not your strongest language or if you haven't used it before, we make sure that every Quantexan goes through our training academy so they're comfortable and confident using our platform.RequirementsWhat do I need to have?
BenefitsWhy join Quantexa?
- A background in software engineering and experience in turning a collection of software into a deployable solution.
- Thrive on enabling those around them, creating easy to use tools and APIs, along with product grade, client facing, documentation.
- Have experience of making solutions incorporating a variety of integration patterns ranging from batch data integrations to modern, real-time RESTful APIs.
- The ability to problem-solve, a can-do mentality and an enthusiasm to learn emerging technologies and techniques.
- Recent hands-on coding experience of at least one of Scala (preferred), Java or production grade Python, with a willingness to learn on the job Scala and other languages we frequently use.
- Experience in delivering solutions within a Client facing environment
- Hands on experience of using cloud-based environments.
As well as a competitive salary, company bonus + Pension we offer
- Well being We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, Private Healthcare, Life insurance and Income protection. No to mention healthy fruit, unlimited drinks and snacks in the office.
- Work/life balance We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy/sell 5, plus your Birthday off!
- Family life We offer flexible + remote working (based around the team you will be joining)
- Fun We love to socialize and make friends in Quantexa. We host regular internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, outings and more...we've taken this virtual for now!
If you are excited about joining us and think you have much of what we are looking for, we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about Quantexa on our Glassdoor!