At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Job Description
A Motor Claims Handler's responsibility is to review the circumstances surrounding an accident and determine which party is wholly or partly responsible quickly and effectively. Most of their focus will be on reviewing the accident location, CCTV if available, witness statements, all parties involved version of the event and any other pertinent information. The analyst will be responsible for ensuring all parties involved are updated at all times.Responsibilities include;
- Manage own caseload efficiently, to achieve individual and team targets
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident to determine proximate cause
- Request all information surrounding the accident to make an informed decision on liability
- Review the information where applicable to be able to confirm indemnity
- Use all tools available to establish the relevant facts about the claim being presented
- Correspond with all relevant parties via telephone and occasionally where necessary via email, or letter
- Maintain a high standard of quality on work produced to meet both internal and external audit requirements
- To deliver professional standards of customer service to internal and external customers
- Identify any possible fraud concerns and manage where applicable
- Handle inbound and outbound calls
- Understanding of the Protocol agreements
- Group Income Protection
- Health benefits
- Life Assurance - 4x Annual Basic Salary
- PTO - 25 days annual leave or equivalent for part time employees.
Plus optional benefitsQualifications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to embrace change
- Analytical nature
- Negotiation skills
- Telephone and communication skills
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice