Policy Expert was Founded in 2010, before 'InsurTech' was even a word, we set out to redefine what an insurer should be.
We have created a ground-breaking, cloud-based, data-centric platform to give our customers a truly next generation experience. Our platform is built in Java and Python on AWS infrastructure, supported by AWS services and open-source frameworks.
We're built in the cloud, driven by excellence and data, with a no blame culture. An approachable team, with many years of expertise and knowledge in a wide range of domains.
Check us out here https //www.policyexpert.co.uk/The Role
Here at Policy Expert we have created a ground-breaking, cloud-based, data-centric platform to give our customers a truly next generation experience. The Bulk of our platform is built in Java on AWS infrastructure, supported by AWS services such as AWS Glue and open-source frameworks. This role would however be focused on using a mixture of Python and Java. We are looking for someone to bring their own ideas of what technology can be used.
In this role, you'll take ownership of the design and development of brand new features and components on the data platform and infrastructure, with key focuses on detailed technical work and high level architectural components using Java, Python and use stream processing platforms such as Kinesis and/or Kafka.
Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to gain invaluable experience in the world of insurtech, you'll join a highly collaborative environment working in an Agile cross-functional team.Requirements
Skills we look for (but don't worry if you don't tick all of them)
- You have strong Java or Python coding ability (Scala nice to have)
- Designing and implementing well designed code easily scalable and readable
- You have strong data engineering with experience of open source Big Data technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Flink, Hadoop)
- Strong experience with AWS tools such as Amazon Redshift, AWS Glue, and Amazon Kinesis streams
- You possess a fundamental understanding of database systems and the trade-offs between different styles of database, strong technical design skills for data centric solutions
- You have a good understanding of containerised application development and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, Terraform
- You're a proactive, pragmatic leader who has mentoring experience
- You're naturally collaborative and enjoy working in a team
- Private medical cover with Vitality
- Hybrid working
- Training and education through LinkedIn learning and Plurasigh
- Travel season ticket loan
- Social events through the year
- Access to selected London O2 events and use of a Private Lounge.
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
Please be aware that we cannot offer sponsorship for this role.