Alert Logic, the industry's first SaaS-enabled Managed Detection Response (MDR) provider, is seeking a Technical Product Marketing Manager to join our Product & Technical Marketing team. This is a key marketing role focusing on the technical buyer and influencer.
Responsibilities will include managing and maintaining the Alert Logic demonstration environments, including building/maintaining underlying systems, scripting and automation to represent solution features and functionality in the solution. You will also create deliverables such as whitepapers, how-to guides, technical blogs, demo videos, product trials, and competitive assessments working closely with product marketing, product management, and sales engineering. Successful candidates will have a thorough understanding of the cloud and the threat landscape and will be able to articulate Alert Logic's technical and value differentiators in combating these threats. An additional key focus of the role is technical enablement of sales/sales engineering and partner teams. This is a high visibility role with significant opportunity to influence company growth.Primary Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with security leads and other employees in our SOC, engineering, threat research and sales engineering teams to effectively communicate the value of Alert Logic, including managed detection and response, our SOC, and our security researchers.
- Design and manage Alert Logic's demonstration environments to ensure that our capabilities are represented for demonstration by Sales and other teams.
- Assess and report on competitor's solutions through comparative research and practical testing.
- Create both customer-facing and internal product marketing and sales enablement collateral including technical product demos and product trials
- Function as a key resource for sales, both internally and externally, as a technical subject matter expert on both the technical buyer and influencer as well as company portfolio
- Drive the Alert Logic technical value prop and integration into solution positioning / messaging
Required Skills and Experience:
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of technical experience, with a strong preference for a prior security, compliance, or DevOps-related role in a Saas-based company or product line
- Strong technical background required with demonstrable knowledge of application development, network infrastructure and public cloud infrastructure
- Experience with, or the desire to learn, systems engineering including building cloud infrastructure, scripting, automation and orchestration.
- Team player with experience working with cross-functional groups such as sales, corporate marketing, engineering, and researchers
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills with a keen eye for the details
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally effectively
- Self-starter, self-motivation, and ability to adapt are crucial to being successful in this role
- The ability travel up to 30% (more travel required if you are not located one of the preferred locations)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a bias to action
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Can think creatively and structurally to solve problems with speed and scale
- Public speaking experience or technical evangelist skills
- Experience with technical competitive assessments
- Experience working with channel partners
- Previous threat research or security operations experience and/or security or compliance certifications a plus
- Prior experience in a buyer facing role - sales, solution engineering/consulting, business development, product management or product marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Business Management/Marketing or equivalent experience