Our mission is to become the global standard for addressing. Street addresses weren't designed for 2021. They aren't accurate enough to specify building entrances, and they don't exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This makes it hard to find places and causes problems and inefficiencies on a global scale.
That's why we created what3words. We divided the world into 3m squares and gave each square a unique combination of three words. It's the easiest way to find and share precise locations.
Over the last year, what3words has been used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
We are looking for highly entrepreneurial, determined and charismatic individuals to help us achieve our mission. People who have performed outstandingly in previous roles (we don't measure success by your former job titles but instead what you achieved in those positions) and are likely to have an accelerated career trajectory when compared against your peers.Requirements
Joining our growing business development team in a senior role as an individual contributor, you will drive forward and forge key relationships for what3words around the world. We are looking for someone who can quickly understand clients' pain points and match those to the solutions we can provide, being creative in finding ways to unblock deals. You will have a very good understanding of how to access key players (companies and individuals) and will use this knowledge to generate new leads across relevant industries. You'll be able to manage a significant pipeline and have exceptional closing skills.
Reporting directly into the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be personally responsible for closing multi-million revenue deals and should be comfortable leading contract negotiations with large companies.
Working in this capacity at what3words is highly demanding - long hours and significant international travel (post-pandemic) will be the norm. You'll be expected to meet challenging targets, but you'll reap the rewards of them too, with a bonus tied to the revenue that you bring the company, as well as share options as part of your package.
We're building something completely new. It's hard work but it's also incredibly rewarding - with constant challenges and frequent change, you'll always be stretched.
The wider team is a group of talented people from all over the world on an unprecedented journey. Every day brings new challenges and we are always learning. You will be proud to see your individual and team contributions making a real difference. This is a chance to join the team as the company's growth is significantly accelerating.You will be
- A fluent Japanese Speaker
- Experienced in closing deals with significant (hundreds of thousands or millions) revenue
- Determined to have an impact as an individual contributor
- Excited to trailblaze so others can learn from your work and follow your lead to replicate your success in other verticals/geographies
- Extremely tech-savvy (preferably you will have worked with technology, written some code, even if just once or twice, or sold a technology product)
- Able to engage immediately and confidently with senior influencers
- An exceptional relationship builder
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working in a team with clever and ambitious colleagues
- Highly persuasive and excellent at getting things done
- Willing to embrace all aspects of working in a fast-growing business, from managing day-to-day admin to giving speeches to global audiences or pitching CXOs from some of the world's biggest brands
- Able to excel under pressure, with meticulous attention to detail
- Able to travel regularly, including at short notice
- Motivated by challenging targets and a fast-paced office environment
- Commercially-minded and committed to global social change through business
Extra credit if you
- Have worked in an industry where what3words is highly applicable
- Speak other languages and have done business abroad or travelled widely
- Can provide excellent references from colleagues as well as supervisors in your current/previous roles
- Have successfully sold something completely new and revolutionary
The role is based in our London HQ (at Great Western Studios - ///filled.count.soap). While you can work from the office five days a week if preferred, our Business Development team can choose to work up to two days a week from home. We also offer a six week remote-work allowance; for up to six weeks a year, you can work from anywhere in the world (as long as you've got great WiFi and are happy to work on the HQ timezone).Your team
Our business development team is made up of bright graduates, experienced team builders and outstanding salespeople. We are looking for someone dynamic who believes in our vision for change and is excited to join the company at this stage of growth. We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining what3words, as we begin to explore new global territories. We hope in 5 years you will be proud to tell people you were one of the early joiners at what3words.
Those with unusual career paths or career changes are encouraged to get in touch - if you instinctively understand what3words and believe your skills can help us accelerate our global growth, we want to hear from you.Equality, Diversity And Inclusion At What3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.You must be based in the UK and able to work 3 days per week in our West London office for this roleBenefits
We offer the following benefits to all permanent employees of what3words
Competitive salary Flexible working 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy 25 days holiday plus the option to buy more! Share options Pension Private health and dental insurance Annual health assessments Life insurance Wellbeing Days Yulife perks and rewards Generous parental leave policies Family friendly policies Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) Season ticket loans Cycle to work scheme Birthday vouchers Weekly lunch & learn sessions Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches Sports and hobbies clubs Dog friendly office