Priocept is a technology consultancy that helps businesses to create digital products and services. We design, build and run web technology platforms for some of Europe's leading companies.
Priocept consultants and software developers can expect to be involved in projects covering general software engineering, cloud infrastructure, e-commerce, content management, mobile applications, and web services.
Priocept are searching for candidates with the drive and ambition to help our organisation grow. We are looking for people that have the confidence to take on new challenges and want to continuously improve their skills in new areas.Requirements
Priocept is looking to hire a talented technologist to take a lead on various Java based development projects. They will work alongside other experienced software engineers in a supportive environment and gain exposure to a broad range of technologies spanning cloud infrastructure, DevOps and web development in addition to core Java.
Priocept can offer a friendly working environment, full project life cycle responsibilities, opportunities to expand your knowledge and skillset, and regular direct interaction with our clients, many of whom are large corporations and globally recognised brands.
This role will be suited to someone with as many of these skills as possible
- Java EE, Spring MVC/Spring Boot, JSP/JSF, JUnit, JCR/JSR-170/Jackrabbit, Tomcat/Jetty, Maven/Gradle
- Detailed knowledge of object-oriented design and modern software architecture patterns
- System integration with REST or SOAP web services
- Database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle or SQL Server)
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and tooling - continuous integration and continuous delivery, cloud infrastructure, infrastructure-as-code and configuration management
- Exposure to either Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- CMS platforms such as Magnolia or Adobe Experience Manager
- Exposure to configuration management and infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experience working with Linux (CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian or similar), combined with shell scripting and systems admin knowledge
- Experience working in a consultancy or agency environment is desirable, combined with client-facing skills, as is experience of leading development projects, agile software development, requirements analysis, technical design and consultancy work
If you are an experienced software developer with at least four years' experience and are looking for a new challenge, please get in touch.Benefits
In return, Priocept can offer
- Competitive salary with frequent reviews (not limited to a yearly review process)
- A start-up culture in a profitable, established business
- Uncapped investment in training where justifiable - we are always looking to invest in people
- Total flexibility in how your role develops - if you are interested in taking your career in a different direction, we will support you in this objective
- Active encouragement to participate in blogging, technology meet ups, seminars, hackathons and other technical events within company time
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Proper coffee machines and a vibrant working environment