We have offices in London, Las Vegas and Uppsala and would appreciate to see you in one of them or working remotely from the place you prefer.Overview
Are you keen to be in a growing team in a dynamic company? Keen to see your inventions go live quickly? Join our experienced team and help us develop innovative high-volume, high-availability betting systems. We here at Metric Gaming take pride in our meritocratic environment - there will be opportunities to grow your role and responsibilities.
Founded by World Poker Tour champion Martin de Knijff and run by former Executives of some of the most established operators in the industry, Metric is a B2B company that prides itself on thinking B2C. Having developed into one of the most compelling and dynamic independent sports betting suppliers in the industry, the Company's mission is to develop into the leading mainstream sports betting provider with a reputation for building high quality, bespoke and innovative products.
In this exciting mission, Metric expands its software development team and wants you, if you are a talented software developer with experience who thrives in a dynamic environment.Scope of the Role
You will build and support high performance technology for worldwide gaming companies. You will work within a tight team in a fast paced and rewarding development environment and will be able to learn from the team and to develop your skills.
This challenging position requires self-starters who enjoy understanding the business needs to implement inventive solutions with high requirements on capacity and quality. It will be important to effectively combine the needs of multiple projects, to meet aggressive deadlines, and to thrive in a dynamic environment. You can expect a high-profile position on a great team with many challenges, opportunities and rewards in an internationally growing organisation.
We develop software for online sports betting, based on a Cloud based platform.
The team is self organised and capable of independently managing implementation, tests and delivery of new features.Key Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Writes specifications and documentation for the server-side features.
- Analyses the technology currently being used and develops plans and processes for improvement and expansion. Provides support for urgent analytic needs.
- Develops, codes, builds, installs, configures, and maintains IT solutions.
- Participates in project planning meetings to share their knowledge of system options, risk, impact, and costs vs. benefits. In addition, communicate operational requirements and development forecasts.
- Tests code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline and minimize errors.
- Uses configuration management software to automatically deploy updates and fixes into the production environment.
- Performs routine application maintenance to ensure the production environment runs smoothly. Develops maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Recommends performance enhancements by performing gap analysis, identifying alternative solutions, and assisting with modifications.
Nice to have
- Problem solving skills, sense of quality and attention to detail
- Version Control Systems preferably Git
- Container Orchestration preferably Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as a Code preferably Terraform
- CI/CD pipelines preferably Gitlab
- Relational databases preferably MySQL
- Good communications skills in both oral and written English ( B1 Level )
- Apache Kafka
- Opentracing ( Jaeger )
- Monitoring ( Prometheus )
- NoSQL databases ( Cassandra, ScyllaDB )
Powered by JazzHR